My contract is expiring

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
Manu1991
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am

My contract is expiring

Post by Manu1991 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi,
(This concern is being posted on behalf of someone else)
I have applied for a work based resident permit. It's a job of a cook in a restaurant. My employment contract starts from 1.04.2020 and will end on 31.03.2021.

Actually due to the epidemic, Finland embassy in india is closed until further notice. There is no idea when embassy is likely to open . My interview was scheduled for 23 june,2020 which was cancelled due to the current situation.

My concern is what if my interview is scheduled in December or January ( just guessing, can't say for sure when embassy will reopen).... Owing to which i will be left with two months of employment contract. Even after interview, it will take around 1 month to decide or get visa, leading to near about ending dates of employment contrat.

In this situation, what are the chances of getting a visa.? Will MIGRI think that contract is about to end ,so will deny me the visa.? What should I do in this matter.? Should I talk to my Employer to extend the contract .... And after extension ... should I submit it in Enterfinland service.?

I am tense. Kindly guide me.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much

Best regards

Manu



My contract is expiring

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3909
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: My contract is expiring

Post by rinso » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:06 pm

Manu1991 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 pm
Hi,
(This concern is being posted on behalf of someone else)
I have applied for a work based resident permit. It's a job of a cook in a restaurant. My employment contract starts from 1.04.2020 and will end on 31.03.2021.

Actually due to the epidemic, Finland embassy in india is closed until further notice. There is no idea when embassy is likely to open . My interview was scheduled for 23 june,2020 which was cancelled due to the current situation.

My concern is what if my interview is scheduled in December or January ( just guessing, can't say for sure when embassy will reopen).... Owing to which i will be left with two months of employment contract. Even after interview, it will take around 1 month to decide or get visa, leading to near about ending dates of employment contrat.

In this situation, what are the chances of getting a visa.? Will MIGRI think that contract is about to end ,so will deny me the visa.? What should I do in this matter.? Should I talk to my Employer to extend the contract .... And after extension ... should I submit it in Enterfinland service.?

I am tense. Kindly guide me.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much

Best regards

Manu
The average processing time for a residence permit is 9 months. There is little chance you get an RP before your contract is finished. And due to corona, bars and restaurants have a difficult time. I'm not sure your employer still wants you.

Manu1991
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am

Re: My contract is expiring

Post by Manu1991 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:50 pm

But , what if employer extends the contract..?

Manu1991
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am

Re: My contract is expiring

Post by Manu1991 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:29 pm

rinso wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:06 pm
Manu1991 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 pm


The average processing time for a residence permit is 9 months. There is little chance you get an RP before your contract is finished. And due to corona, bars and restaurants have a difficult time. I'm not sure your employer still wants you.
My employer is still looking for an indian cook. He might extend my employment contract. Should I submit that before the expiry of the previous one.?

Manu1991
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am

Re: My contract is expiring

Post by Manu1991 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:30 pm

My employer is still looking for an indian cook. He might extend my employment contract. Should I submit that before the expiry of the previous one.?

It is actually a work permit.

FinlandGirl
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: My contract is expiring

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:42 am

rinso wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:06 pm
The average processing time for a residence permit is 9 months.
For employment it is 4 months.

FinlandGirl
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: My contract is expiring

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:45 am

Manu1991 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:30 pm
My employer is still looking for an indian cook. He might extend my employment contract. Should I submit that before the expiry of the previous one.?
Yes.

And in general it would be better if the employment was permanent instead of temporary.

Manu1991
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am

Re: My contract is expiring

Post by Manu1991 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Thank you so much


Post Reply