Best UAS for Tourism ?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
camie

Best UAS for Tourism ?

Post by camie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Hello ! I am going to apply to several UAS for Tourism and I was wondering which one is the best (or which one I should really avoid). Also advices considering the cities, I've never been to Finland so I'm not that familiar with any of them

Here are the UAS offering Tourism Bachelors in English:

- Haaga-Helia (in Helsinki)
- Lapland UAS (in Rovaniemi)
- LAB UAS (in Lappeenranta)
- JAMK (in Jyväskylä)
- KAMK (in Kajaani)

Best UAS for Tourism ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Best UAS for Tourism ?

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:19 am

camie wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:41 pm
I am going to apply to several UAS for Tourism and I was wondering which one is the best (or which one I should really avoid).
Here are the UAS offering Tourism Bachelors in English:

- Haaga-Helia (in Helsinki)
- Lapland UAS (in Rovaniemi)
- LAB UAS (in Lappeenranta)
- JAMK (in Jyväskylä)
- KAMK (in Kajaani)
I would be surprised if any studies at a Finnish UAS would be considered "should really avoid", studies are usually ok everywhere.
camie wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:41 pm
Also advices considering the cities, I've never been to Finland so I'm not that familiar with any of them
With 0.5 million inhabitants Helsinki is the big city in Finland, and nearly a third of the population of Finland is living in the capital region.
Everything else is a lot more rural.

Climate differs, Rovaniemi is much further up North with snow cover for half a year while the milder climate gives Helsinki only 3-4 months of snow cover in a normal winter.

If you want foreign tourists in or near the city where you are living, then Rovaniemi is the best option with Helsinki as alternative and many shoppers from Russia in Lappeenranta.

If you are hoping to find a student job don't rely on finding any.
Most business is in the capital region.
For jobs in tourism Lapland is best, if you speak Russian Lappeenranta might be an alternative.