Work experiences in relevant field when applying for Master Degree from UAS (YAMK)

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
akuno_hime_1412

Work experiences in relevant field when applying for Master Degree from UAS (YAMK)

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:05 pm

One of the usual requirements for applying to a master degree from UAS is 24-36 months of work experience in relevant field.
What exactly is acceptable for the university?
I, as many others graduates from UAS in Finland was only able to land a job as a service worker in restaurant field. Am I eligible to apply for a master degree in say, Hospitality or Business Administration?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Work experiences in relevant field when applying for Master Degree from UAS (YAMK)

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:25 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:05 pm
One of the usual requirements for applying to a master degree from UAS is 24-36 months of work experience in relevant] field.
What exactly is acceptable for the university?

I, as many others graduates from UAS in Finland was only able to land a job as a service worker in restaurant field. Am I eligible to apply for a master degree in say, Hospitality or Business Administration?
You have to ask the UAS what exactly they consider relevant experience for a specific degree.