RP APPLICATION TUITION FEE

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Question

Post by Question » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:50 pm

I hope anyone could help me and give me information regarding my question. In student residence permit application do I need to show funds for second semester tuition fee. I had to pay only first semester of my tuition fee (half of one academic year amount) and I have payment receipt of that. Or is it enough if I explain that I will get the funds for rest tuition fee later from my parent’s work (will show payslips)?

Thank you very much if anyone could tell me some real info/experience.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: RP APPLICATION TUITION FEE

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:40 pm

Question wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:50 pm
I hope anyone could help me and give me information regarding my question. In student residence permit application do I need to show funds for second semester tuition fee. I had to pay only first semester of my tuition fee (half of one academic year amount) and I have payment receipt of that. Or is it enough if I explain that I will get the funds for rest tuition fee later from my parent’s work (will show payslips)?

Thank you very much if anyone could tell me some real info/experience.
"Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable. The funds must be in your own bank account."

https://migri.fi/en/means-of-support

Question

Post by Question » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 am

”If you pay the tuition fee only after arriving in Finland, you must attach documents to your residence permit application to show that you have the necessary funds to pay your tuition fee and to support yourself in Finland.”

But they also say this.. Does ”attach documents” in this mean showing bank statement with also next semester’s tuition fee in it? So do I need to have 6720 and tuition in my bank account?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:37 am

Question wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 am
”If you pay the tuition fee only after arriving in Finland, you must attach documents to your residence permit application to show that you have the necessary funds to pay your tuition fee and to support yourself in Finland.”

But they also say this.. Does ”attach documents” in this mean showing bank statement with also next semester’s tuition fee in it? So do I need to have 6720 and tuition in my bank account?
For example.

Question

Post by Question » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Do you know if there is some other option?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Question wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:24 pm
Do you know if there is some other option?
For example scholarships, part time employment contracts, or capital income.