Kela card

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Shoyu

Kela card

Post by Shoyu » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 am

Hello everyone!

I'm currently applying for a residence permit for studies, and I have to submit a certification of health insurance.

as it is stated on Kela's website, all Master and Bachelor students need to sign up for Kela since January 2021.

So I'm thinking of paying for Kela and submit Kela's receipt onto EnterFinland service as a certification of health insurance.
(because I suppose I can get the Kela card only after I arrived in Finland OR it'll be delivered to my place very late)

Do you think the receipt would be fine enough?

Would appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance!

Kela card

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Shoyu

Re: Kela card

Post by Shoyu » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:32 am

p.s. I carefully read through all the websites and materials provided by the university,
and it seems non-EU students need to sign up for public insurance company for the residence permit, and also Kela.

Question

Post by Question » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:21 pm

I think receipt is enough. You can also pay it after you come to Finland though, it won’t take long to get it done.

Shoyu

Post by Shoyu » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Question wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:21 pm
Where did you read that you also need to have kela card for a person coming to Finland with student rp? I think you only need to have the receipt of the health insurance company, as stated on migri’s site.
Thank you for your reply!

I found this on FSHS website (https://www.yths.fi/en/fshs/fshs-2021/e ... -services/).
"From 1 January 2021 onwards, all degree students in higher education will be entitled to use FSHS services, as long as they have registered as an attending student for a particular term and paid the healthcare fee to KELA."

Shoyu

Post by Shoyu » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:28 pm

Question wrote:
I think receipt is enough. You can also pay it after you come to Finland though, it won’t take long to get it done.
It's also written in here : https://www.kela.fi/web/en/healthcare-f ... -education

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Question wrote:
FSHS paid through Kela does not cover pharmaceutical expenses. A residence permit application will not be approved based on a Kela receipt.

Question

Post by Question » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:04 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm
Question wrote:
FSHS paid through Kela does not cover pharmaceutical expenses. A residence permit application will not be approved based on a Kela receipt.
I do know that. I was only saying of the kela insurance receipt, that it is okay to show receipt of that. For rp main thing is to show the public health insurance policy, by some company, as said before.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:26 pm

Question wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:04 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm
Question wrote:
I do know that. I was only saying of the kela insurance receipt, that it is okay to show receipt of that. For rp main thing is to show the public health insurance policy, by some company, as said before.
Show the receipt to whom?

Shoyu

Post by Shoyu » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:49 pm

Thank you, everyone!!