Safety, Security and Risk Management Bachelor at Laurea UAS

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
leitay11

Post by leitay11 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone is currently studying this course? I have been accepted and have been looking into the ´blended learning´ aspect of it.
Overall the website just says there are 3 contact lessons per semester. I have also emailed student affairs, but they redirected me to the schedules online which are also quite vague.
I just wanted to know how this works, and how many hours of work I could fit around it. For example is it literally 3 times per semester that we go into campus, are there online lessons in-between these. How do we learn, is it lectures, books, research? :? :lol:

Any tips helpful and thanks in advance! :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Safety, Security and Risk Management Bachelor at Laurea UAS

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:41 pm

leitay11 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:00 pm
I was wondering if anyone is currently studying this course? I have been accepted and have been looking into the ´blended learning´ aspect of it.
Overall the website just says there are 3 contact lessons per semester. I have also emailed student affairs, but they redirected me to the schedules online which are also quite vague.

I just wanted to know how this works, and how many hours of work I could fit around it. For example is it literally 3 times per semester that we go into campus, are there online lessons in-between these. How do we learn, is it lectures, books, research? :? :lol:
They didn't do this blended learning a year ago for this course, COVID-19 surely has accelerated their push to move more studies online.

https://www.laurea.fi/en/degree_program ... anagement/ has plenty of information you should read, like detailed descriptions of your courses.

If you need a residence permit you are allowed to work 25 hours per week, but working that many hours usually causes problems getting enough study credits for being granted a residence permit extension for the second year.
Except for commuting, online lessons do not reduce the effort required for successful studies.

Do you already have a job lined up?
Students who are not yet fluent in Finnish usually struggle to find student jobs, it is normal that it takes foreign students a year to find their first job.
And that was without many traditional student jobs still gone due to COVID-19, currently it is hard to find a student job even for Finns.