2 year ban

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Libra99

2 year ban

Post by Libra99 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi,
I want to ask the question that my friend has been living in finland for 6 years from 2013 to 2019 studying in finland.
He broke the windows of car when he was drunk.

Then he got ban of 2 years to enter to finland on student status. He went back to home country. Can he apply again for study visa to finland as his degree is not completed yet? His ban will end in jan 2022.

He has his own son and his girlfriend in finland too.
Can i ask how it can be possible please. He want to study and want to be his son and girl friend.
They are not married yet.
Any kind suggestions plz.

Thank you in advance

2 year ban

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: 2 year ban

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:27 pm

Libra99 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:16 pm
Hi,
I want to ask the question that my friend has been living in finland for 6 years from 2013 to 2019 studying in finland.

Then he got ban of 2 years to enter to finland on student status. He went back to home country. Can he apply again for study visa to finland as his degree is not completed yet? His ban will end in jan 2022.

He has his own son and his girlfriend in finland too.
Can i ask how it can be possible please. He want to study and want to be his son and girl friend.
Assuming he’s a guardian, he could apply on family ties. The interests of the son mean a lot to overcome the past infractions (which have to be disclosed as part of the application).

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Libra99 wrote:
Libra99 wrote:
Can he apply again for study visa to finland as his degree is not completed yet? His ban will end in jan 2022.
Libra99 wrote:
He want to study and want to be his son and girl friend.
As was already mentioned, an application on family ties would be the best option.

Regardless of the residence permit, is he currently a student on absence at his university or no longer enrolled?
He already studied for 6 years (without any degree?) and has now has a 3 year interruption, he might have reached study duration limits.

Libra99

Post by Libra99 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:32 am

Thank you for reply.
Yes he reached the limit. Now he has to reapply in university.

He has no proof that he is father of child. Coz there was no marriage and certificate. Is he needs DNA test of child? I mean how can he applies on family ties when he dont have a proof of it.
Any one can guide for this matter please.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:20 am

Libra99 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:32 am
He has no proof that he is father of child. Coz there was no marriage and certificate.
Who is registered as father of the child? Is he a guardian?
Is he making child support payments?
How is he keeping contact with the child?
Libra99 wrote:
Is he needs DNA test of child?
https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/6160 ... n+%28en%29
Libra99 wrote:
I mean how can he applies on family ties when he dont have a proof of it.
Any one can guide for this matter please.
You should ask a Finnish lawyer for advice.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am

What might be overlooked here and should ( / will) be taken in account by Migri as well:

The opinion and wishes of the "girlfriend"
Does she accept / confirm his "being the Father" claim?
Does she accept / confirm him being or having been in a relationship with him at all?
If so: Does she wish to continue a relationship with him?
Does she wish for him to come back to Finland at all?
Is she afraid of him (due to his apparent violent nature hence the ban).

Seems to me that the person was banned from Finland for an act of violence, it is maybe not in the best interest of the "girlfriend" and child to reunite at this stage (besides the "Friend" wanting to come back to Finland).

That said: it seems the guy was integrated into Finland quite well, having the same behavior as Finns :lol: