Studying in Finland - ***** READ THIS FIRST *****

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Ammar

Re: Studying in Finland - ***** READ THIS FIRST *****

Post by Ammar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:28 am

Hello
I have recently completed my BS hons(4 years program) in Agriculture, major subject Plant Breeding and Genetics from "PAKISTAN". Now i want to do Masters Program in Finland. So kindly guide me in this regard.
Can anybody tell me about the credibility of study in Finland regarding Agriculture as well as my major subject 'Plant Breeding & Genetics'?
And I have found my subject in Uni of Helsinki. so plz explain me its credibility.
And if possible plz give me your skype ID, so i can conversate with you about this issue. My skype ID is ammar_ahmad2007
Regards
Ammar Ahmad

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

americus11

Post by americus11 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks for letting me know about other good stuff !

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:15 am

Aa
Am-mar is on a-cid
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

radheeshram

Post by radheeshram » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Greetings,

I have MBA (Marketing ) from India with 5 years exp 2 years ( Banking Operations), 2 years ( Administration & 1 year (Auditing). I would like to know whether i can enroll for MBA / MS ( Finance/ Economics/ International Business ) in any universities at finland ( aalto,hanken,Helsinki) which is considered as tuition free. Also like to know whether I can enroll for phd and requirements needed to pursue phd & assistance from the university.
Your response is highly valued for my career.
Truly,

bernetta66

Post by bernetta66 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm also interested in programs 2012
Any info would be appreciated

noemi1987

Post by noemi1987 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:33 pm

What if I have a visa already for working, and I just want to study in my free time?What kind of visa should I make?

Rennervate

Post by Rennervate » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Studying is free in Scotland? Are you serious???

aloff

Post by aloff » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:08 am

Rennervate wrote:Studying is free in Scotland? Are you serious???
Not quite true, anything above access courses or NC's (group of qualifications giving required credits to access higher education) is pretty much free if you have a right to study in the UK and have a low income. However to study an HNC/D or a degree requires a student loan to pay for your course fee's etc which is payable upon achieving a wage over £15,000 per year.

I have a question of my own however, I am currently dating a finnish woman and have just enrolled for an access course to higher education, the plan being finish this course and apply to do a 2 year hnd course. The question is does anyone know if I could do the first year of my course here in Scotland and the second year in a finnish school, or would I be better asking my college about the possibilities of this?
:?

gistroud

Post by gistroud » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 am

Yes, education is free however it is expensive to live here. The economy is crap and even if you speak finnish but you are foreign you will only find cleaning job which pay crappy salaries. Even when you graduate from the university you are not garunteed to find a career here. So I say don't come here unless you are a millionare.

arunpvenu910

Post by arunpvenu910 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 am

Can any one tell me what are the job opportunities available after a masters in biotechnology course? Can an international biotechnology student after graduation in finland can have many job opportunities in Finland or else in other EU countries using the provision of Schengen Visa?

frankbalbihansen

Post by frankbalbihansen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 pm

I would like to study a postgraduate cours in architecture, could I work there while I'm study?
Thanks

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 pm

frankbalbihansen wrote:I would like to study a postgraduate cours in architecture, could I work there while I'm study?
Thanks
http://www.migri.fi/studying_in_finland ... employment
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.