Studying in Finland - ***** READ THIS FIRST *****

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
rinso

Re: Studying in Finland - ***** READ THIS FIRST *****

Post by rinso » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:13 am

sinikettu wrote: The Ministry of Education agrees that there have been problems with such foreign students. It is now considering whether entrance exams could be held in Nigeria, which would make it clearer which applicants are genuinely interested in coming here to study.
It probably means that those wanabe immigrants not only need to find a person to make the application, but also to take the test (and pass :twisted: ). So the price of a visa scam would go up.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:16 am

well it is unfair for the "real" students otherwise as there is very little chance in acquiring tourist visas (like in the case of China) - this way they'd probably have a lot less dropouts...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

boring

Post by boring » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:14 am

hi to everyone. i'm from turkey. My school'll finish next year and i'd like to come to finland for master programs. But i heard that finland government will bring a new law which will take university fees from non-eu or non-eea students. is this real? do you know something about this? and the law will affect after 2010?

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:59 am

boring wrote:hi to everyone. i'm from turkey. My school'll finish next year and i'd like to come to finland for master programs. But i heard that finland government will bring a new law which will take university fees from non-eu or non-eea students. is this real? do you know something about this? and the law will affect after 2010?
Read this thread, please viewtopic.php?f=20&t=32638

piyushmohan

HR Trainee job in Finland

Post by piyushmohan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi... This is Piyush Mohan from India. I have just completed my MSc. degree in HR & Organisational Behaviour from CIIM,Cyprus,affiliated to Cyprus University. I am looking for a HR Trainee job in Finland. Can anybody help me in this regard.

phililex

Post by phililex » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:29 pm

rinso wrote:
It probably means that those wanabe immigrants not only need to find a person to make the application, but also to take the test (and pass :twisted: ). So the price of a visa scam would go up.[/quote]

Rinso, I can see you have a skeptical view about Nigerians, well I've got news for you bro. The Nigerian education level is higher than that of Finland. The main reason why we Nigerians choose to study is because your country doesn't charge for tuition fees like the rest of the EU countries, aside for that, Finland's totally worthless. Who wants to live there anyway? That cold cold country! You guys don't even get on well with English!
I don't blame some people for coming into Finland to seek refuge, their personal greed is part of it. But don't ever think Nigerians are wannabe! I'm a Nigerian and proud to be one!

Funny how u M'Fckin scandanavians think high of yourselves! SH*T!

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Dearest Recipient,

I am sorry if this letter comes to you as a surprise but I am desperate and I am at a loss - I do not know whom to turn to, therefore I'm sending this letter to a few million people of whom I know nothing at all. Although I have never actually met you, I have a hunch that tells me that you are an honest and reliable person.

My name is Jotaarkka H. Kekkonen, I live in Kotka and I am the only forgotten son of the Finnish President and Snow Castle merchant Urho Kekkonen, who unexpectedly died at the tender age of barely 86 years, on the 31st of August 1986. (He had other children too but I am the only forgotten one.) Despite the official explanation of an "unknown disease" being the reason for his demise, only God (and I) know the truth; my father was actually stared to death by an evil league of Finnish members of parliament who obviously had got wind of his plan of importing several thousands of sun-powered snow castles into Brazil.

Unfortunately I was absent when my father passed away (I was just planting flowers to the grave of my poor mother, who died of synaesthesia three years before my birth thus making me an orphan for life) but with the aid of smoke signals and secret messages tied to the tails of squirrels, my father intimately confided in me during his last moments and revealed that he had, during the past few months, secretly stashed away a sizeable fortune amounting to EIGHTEEN HUNDRED THOUSAND BILLION U.S. DOLLARS, that, unbeknownst to anyone, lay hidden inside an old hand-woven reindeer-hair carpet in the vaults of a small bank in Pelkosenniemi.

Now, I am exceedingly glad that I have found a trustworthy business partner in you, as the village bank of Pelkosenniemi is already continuously besieged by the said Members of Parliament - and besides, due to the amnesia I caught when scuba diving near the coast of Finland last week, I am afraid that I do not remember my personal bank PIN code anymore.

I am just 24 years old and a university undergraduate here in Kotka and really don't know what to do. This is because, after three years of studies, I have suffered a lot of setbacks - mostly resulting from my friends just recently pointing out to me that there's actually no university here in Kotka. Sir, I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.

For you to assist me in this transaction I will offer you 25 percent of the total sum. Please if you have any question to ask me about this transaction do not delay to contact me on my email address. I await your urgent response as soon as possible.

Thanks and best regards

Jotaarkka H. Kekkonen

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:01 pm

phililex wrote:The Nigerian education level is higher than that of Finland.
the fruits of nigerian education system are evident, tell us something new and exiting we do not know

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Phililex wrote:Rinso, I can see you have a skeptical view about Nigerians
I'm not the only one. :twisted:
Authorities say that recipients of these permits have committed dozens of violations of immigration laws. These include attempts by visa recipients to bring other people into the country.

onkko

Post by onkko » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:04 pm

phililex wrote: The Nigerian education level is higher than that of Finland.
Sure it is, there are few numbers what clearly proves that...

Nigeria vs Finland
Literacy level 69,1 vs 99,0
Starts scool (% of schooling age) (2005) 68 vs 98
Continue to 5th grade (% of whom started school) (2004) 73 vs 99
Source http://global.finland.fi/public/default ... ntentlan=1

Yeah and high schools are top of world..

"In fact, if we focus on higher education, the situation is not
encouraging because of poor funding and inadequate pedagogical resources. This
situation has led to a poor quality of schooling at this level"
Source http://ahero.uwc.ac.za/index.php?module ... 2583751461

I have admit nigerian schooling is superior.... even global competetive list says so...

4th pillar: Health and primary education
Country/Economy Rank Score
Finland 1 6.58
Nigeria 124 3.55

5th pillar: Higher education and training
Country/Economy Rank Score
Finland 1 6.01
Nigeria 109 3.00
Source http://www.gcr.weforum.org/

:lol:
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

phililex

Post by phililex » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:08 am

Yea Yea Yea! Same ol' ratings bullsh'*t!

Lemme tell y'all, all those ratings don't really matter cos they don't actually reflect whats happening.

NIGERIA IS BETTA THAN FINLAND! YAHOOOOOZE! :ochesey:

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:16 am

phililex wrote:Yea Yea Yea! Same ol' ratings bullsh'*t!

Lemme tell y'all, all those ratings don't really matter cos they don't actually reflect whats happening.

NIGERIA IS BETTA THAN FINLAND! YAHOOOOOZE! :ochesey:

no offense, but you are spitting face up

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:55 am

Well done phililex, you've really helped the image of your country.

Are you really Nigerian, or just trolling to raise anti-Nigerian sentiment?
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:43 pm

you're too lazy to read the first post? read, then ask a relevant question.

anyaschrei

Post by anyaschrei » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:15 pm

hi.. i'm anya. and i'm from Indonesia. actually i really interested about Finland education. and also their universities. i have a plan to study there.
i want to ask about the test for new students..
what kind of test should i have for entry into universities in Finland?
is it use Suomi ?
what about certificates documents?
and the last ..
about the fee to entry universities in Finland..
and the cost for transportation, etc..
thank's..
:)