Anyone heard of Funlanguages???

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
shazman

Post by shazman » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:27 am

Hi gang,

I just been asked to send my details for a job with this company, and Im not sure if they are kosher. :? They teach English up and down the country....

They want me to go all the way to Tampere for an interview, and Im not sure I should - if its for a job that requires me to market it. I need to be on a salary.

Has anyone come across these guys? Are they trustworthy? Will working for them mean long hours and little reward?

Ta for any advice received.

Shaz

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nehia_qom

Post by nehia_qom » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:49 am

refer to the thread "english teacher...well almost".
But in short if you need a salary and don't want to market for them it's probably not for you.

When choosing between two evils, always choose the one you haven't tried yet.
- Mae West

Caroline

Re: Anyone heard of Funlanguages???

Post by Caroline » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:35 pm

shazman wrote:Hi gang,

I just been asked to send my details for a job with this company, and Im not sure if they are kosher. :? They teach English up and down the country....

They want me to go all the way to Tampere for an interview, and Im not sure I should - if its for a job that requires me to market it. I need to be on a salary.

Has anyone come across these guys? Are they trustworthy? Will working for them mean long hours and little reward?

Ta for any advice received.

Shaz

Shaz,

Yes, do refer to the thread "English teacher... well, almost".

I worked for them in 2000. I consider the experience my "boot camp" introduction to working life in Finland. No matter what the recruiter says, if you don't speak and understand Finnish reasonably well, you'll find it extremely difficult or impossible to do that job. In order to come close to making a living, you have to squeeze in so many lessons each week, that it becomes overwhelming, and that doesn't include the pre-lesson planning that you have to do at home.

As I said in the above mentioned thread, the theory behind the club concept is great, but it's just ridiculous the way it is being developed and promoted.
Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

Remembah whea ya pahked ya cah!

shazman

Post by shazman » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:23 pm

bugger, thats what I thought!

Oh well at least Ive saved the train fare for the interview and can spend it wisely on magic beans or something :?