MARSH SIP Health Insurance

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Valentin

Post by Valentin » Sun May 17, 2015 10:44 am

Hi, did anyone here apply for the MARSH SIP health insurance?

They say that they will NOT mail any documents to you, but how exactly am I going to get my insurance card/certificate? Do I have to go there in Belgium to get it or something?
I sent them two emails but they won't respond, and their telephone number is for emergencies only.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Valentin

Re: MARSH SIP Health Insurance

Post by Valentin » Mon May 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Can anyone help at all? Anyone who took this insurance. Can you just tell me what they sent you by email?

caster

Post by caster » Mon May 18, 2015 3:44 pm

https://www.sipinsurance.eu/wia/cleva/b ... AQs_v4.pdf

FAQ:
Upon receipt of your payment, your insurance policy will be automatically and immediately e-mailed to you. With your insurance policy, you will also receive a handy coverage summary stating the insured amounts and your Assistance Card.
Your Assistance Card will give you worldwide access to ACE Assistance 7 days a
week, 24 hours a day.

Please note that you will NOT receive a hard copy of your documents in the mail.

The document stated above - must have arrived in your email - take a print and keep it along.
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. I'm gonna grant him all my old underwears that fit his head helping his nose stays in place

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon May 18, 2015 4:12 pm

I went through their FAQs and that section, but if I print the document, I don't think it will be considered an original document. Is it going to have some kind of digital signature or something? I sent them a dozen emails to several of their addresses and they just don't want to respond.

I need someone who purchased their insurance to tell me what kind of document it is.

caster

Post by caster » Mon May 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Valentin wrote:I went through their FAQs and that section, but if I print the document, I don't think it will be considered an original document. Is it going to have some kind of digital signature or something? I sent them a dozen emails to several of their addresses and they just don't want to respond.

I need someone who purchased their insurance to tell me what kind of document it is.

Better call their emergency number and inquire.
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. I'm gonna grant him all my old underwears that fit his head helping his nose stays in place

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Tue May 19, 2015 7:53 am

Well MARSH SIP was recommended by more than one entity for people who will be studying in Finland. I was just about to go with SwissCare, but phew, they finally responded after sending like 12 emails to the individual people who work there.

They said I can just print it and it will be enough.

Thanks for those who tried to help.

praneeth

Post by praneeth » Tue May 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Hey guys,
I've got admit for master's program from one of the universities in Finland & wondering whether do I've to buy 2 years insurance or can I buy insurance for this one year & renew it next year. Its mentioned in Finnish Immigration website that Insurance should cover the duration of your study period, so I'm confused whether to buy it for one year & renew later or should I buy it for 2 years before applying for my residence permit.

Appreciate your response.

PS. I am a Non-EU citizen.

fedamale

Post by fedamale » Wed May 20, 2015 7:39 am

praneeth wrote:Hey guys,
I've got admit for master's program from one of the universities in Finland & wondering whether do I've to buy 2 years insurance or can I buy insurance for this one year & renew it next year. Its mentioned in Finnish Immigration website that Insurance should cover the duration of your study period, so I'm confused whether to buy it for one year & renew later or should I buy it for 2 years before applying for my residence permit.

Appreciate your response.

PS. I am a Non-EU citizen.
MARSH Insurance can only be purchased for one year, you have to buy a new Insurance from them next year.

Valentin wrote:Well MARSH SIP was recommended by more than one entity for people who will be studying in Finland. I was just about to go with SwissCare, but phew, they finally responded after sending like 12 emails to the individual people who work there.

They said I can just print it and it will be enough.

Thanks for those who tried to help.
Yes, the printed pdf that they sent you is enough.

caster

Post by caster » Wed May 20, 2015 1:20 pm

MARSH SIP is only for EU Citizens :lol:

caster

Post by caster » Wed May 20, 2015 11:26 pm

:thumbsup:

numb

Post by numb » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:14 pm

MARSH SIP is the only insurance that is pre-approved by Migri and can be taken by non-eu applicants as well.
No need for 'original' documents, print outs are ok.

Aalto2016

Post by Aalto2016 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:00 am

numb wrote:MARSH SIP is the only insurance that is pre-approved by Migri and can be taken by non-eu applicants as well.
No need for 'original' documents, print outs are ok.
Is this means if we apply for family reunification, the RP process will gone faster?