cancel masters and start bachelor

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
fastandcurious

Post by fastandcurious » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I always wanted to study in international Business but since my major was accounting in bachelor i could not apply masters in international business and after completing few credits i lost my interest on accounting so i wanted to start fresh and enroll in bachelor programme. I got a place in haaga helia and now want to cancel my masters. What kind of problem do you think i will encounter when there will be time to renew my residence permit? or i can easily start bachelor without being interrogated by police? I did not complete 45 credits in masters. I really need your suggestion. Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Re: cancel masters and start bachelor

Post by 007 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:16 pm

fastandcurious wrote:Hello everyone,

I always wanted to study in international Business but since my major was accounting in bachelor i could not apply masters in international business
Can you provide some more lights into that`? You have a degree majoring accounting ie business related studies, I assume but you cannot with this degree be enrolled into masters degree of international business? Again, my guess is that you are aiming for an MBA and such degree in fact does not need business background at all. Is there any requirement for 3 years of prior work experience?

Regarding your other queries, I think you should be safe as long as you have a reason - You are starting a school. That should be enough unless police is suspicious that you are trying to manipulate the loopholes into furthering your stay in Finland. Contacting local police, I think, is the wisest move for you.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

Post by 007 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:33 am

quote went heywire wrote: I always wanted to study in international Business but since my major was accounting in bachelor i could not apply masters in international business
Can you provide some more lights into that`? You have a degree majoring accounting ie business related studies, I assume but you cannot with this degree be enrolled into masters degree of international business?
Others have said that UAS deny entry to foreign students who already have a bachelor level education even if it's in a different field. No idea if it's always true or only applies to bachelor level or only applies to some universities.
Well... my comment was about doing masters after bachelor degree but from your comment, it sounds like foreigners cannot change the field of their studies....is that really the case? There's a chance of foreign students using free education to elongate their stay in Finland but I never thought that college/migri officials might be interested in that.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:48 am

I did not complete 45 credits in masters.
This always is a red flag and will lead to a careful examination of your situation.
Make sure you qualify 100% when you apply for a new/extension permit.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 am

Did you assume that you cannot study in an Internatjon Busibess Master's program, or did the university tell you that?
I've seen people with the strangest degrees get accepted in a "related" Master's program.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

fastandcurious

Post by fastandcurious » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:30 pm

the university i applied for masters requires major in marketing or management in order to be eligible for masters programme in international business, at least their website says something so .... I chose accounting to get privilege of being admitted in masters programme of accounting. If i did apply to that masters programme of international business having accounting as major in bachelor, my application would be rejected that i never wanted to. Its true that i wanted to stay here long but that wasn't the only reason why i decided to admit in bachelor again. I have never been satisfied with my major in bachelor, not even the quality of education that my previous institution provided and because of that i always dream of starting my bachelor again with the subject i prefer to study. Hopefully this time i will make everything right and thanks everyone for your suggestion. i will contact with local police very soon.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:39 pm

With 99% certainty, I can say that, in Finland, a bachelor's degree in accounting makes you eligable for a madter's program in international business.

I don't know your situation, but I can tell you that I wouldn't want to waste another 4 years of my life like that.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

irnbru

Post by irnbru » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:44 pm

Stick with the Masters in accounting. Guarantees work in Finland. A BBA in International business guarantees you työvoimatoimisto.

MinhChau010416

Post by MinhChau010416 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 am

Beep_Boop wrote:With 99% certainty, I can say that, in Finland, a bachelor's degree in accounting makes you eligable for a madter's program in international business.

I don't know your situation, but I can tell you that I wouldn't want to waste another 4 years of my life like that.
I think so too. BA in accounting is very relate to IB. You should ask advise from the school u apply for Msc IB.
Missä minun rahani? Mieheni kokki, mieheni pestä, mieheni suudelma :D :twisted: :beamer: :wink: :thumbsup:

vtl

Post by vtl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:35 pm

irnbru wrote:Stick with the Masters in accounting. Guarantees work in Finland. A BBA in International business guarantees you työvoimatoimisto.

Please elaborate. Considering to start IB studies Next month. Are you saying its going to be wasted years and all I get is a piece of paper not good for much and probably end up unemployed?