University of Helsinki

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
mimibu

University of Helsinki

Post by mimibu » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Has anyone heard back yet? Online has no date posted on when we will heard back. I've heard from so many schools but not this one. I applied for the Master's in European Studies

University of Helsinki

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ProspectiveFinn

Re: University of Helsinki

Post by ProspectiveFinn » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:31 am

mimibu wrote:Has anyone heard back yet? Online has no date posted on when we will heard back. I've heard from so many schools but not this one. I applied for the Master's in European Studies
I applied for the Masters of Computer Science and was notified of acceptance on April 26th.

mimibu

Post by mimibu » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Congratulations!

I'm still waiting, I have been accepted to other schools but Helsinki is my top choice, so I would like to be able to make a decision soon.

I have been wondering if I should email my program and see, but I don't want to come across as pushy.

ProspectiveFinn

Post by ProspectiveFinn » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks! The email I got in late March told me that final determinations may take as long as May, so I'm assuming the Computer Science department just completed sooner than others. I'd personally recommend to keep waiting. Best of luck to you!

purplemoon

Post by purplemoon » Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 am

mimibu wrote:Has anyone heard back yet? Online has no date posted on when we will heard back. I've heard from so many schools but not this one. I applied for the Master's in European Studies
Hello! I am in the exact same situation, heard back from all my other applications and waiting for this one. I have emailed the program asking when the results would be announced, and they told me to contact the admission board for more info. So I've emailed them as well and haven't got a response yet. I will post it here if I hear anything back. Best of luck!

mimibu

Post by mimibu » Sat May 07, 2016 2:41 am

purplemoon wrote:
Hello! I am in the exact same situation, heard back from all my other applications and waiting for this one. I have emailed the program asking when the results would be announced, and they told me to contact the admission board for more info. So I've emailed them as well and haven't got a response yet. I will post it here if I hear anything back. Best of luck!

I ended up emailing them too, the admissions office said we should hear back within the next couple of weeks. It was pretty vague.

purplemoon

Post by purplemoon » Sat May 07, 2016 12:14 pm

mimibu wrote:
purplemoon wrote:

I ended up emailing them too, the admissions office said we should hear back within the next couple of weeks. It was pretty vague.
I was hoping that we would finally hear back this upcoming week, since it will be mid-May by then. Oh well, I guess we may have to wait some more.

mimibu

Post by mimibu » Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Still no email but if you play around with the faculty of social sciences website, it listed all the people that got accepted. So if that's up the email should be coming soon.

purplemoon

Post by purplemoon » Tue May 10, 2016 9:49 pm

I hope so! What minor did you pick? I picked the Area and Cultural Studies track within the Faculty of Arts. I guess they are the last one to announce their results haha, all the other faculties seems to have notified the applicants by now.

mimibu

Post by mimibu » Wed May 11, 2016 4:22 pm

I picked political history under faculty of social sciences. I got in! Did you get the email today too?

purplemoon

Post by purplemoon » Wed May 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Congratulations!!! I still have not heard from them though, since I picked a minor under the Faculty of Arts I guess they announce their results separately. Hoping to hear back soon, congrats once again! :)