Permit extension in another city

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
hebele

Post by hebele » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello, I am a student in Tampere and I am planning to apply for residence permit extension this month. But the earliest appointment date in Tampere police station is in august. I managed to get an appointment in another city. My question is, is it possible to go and apply in another city? Anyone did a similar thing?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Permit extension in another city

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:22 pm

hebele wrote:Hello, I am a student in Tampere and I am planning to apply for residence permit extension this month. But the earliest appointment date in Tampere police station is in august. I managed to get an appointment in another city. My question is, is it possible to go and apply in another city? Anyone did a similar thing?
You can apply using the online service.

https://enterfinland.fi/eServices

However, you still need to visit the police station. This can be done anywhere or you can go to Tampere any day and take a queue number. It does not have to be fast but they must serve you.

hebele

Re: Permit extension in another city

Post by hebele » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:24 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
hebele wrote:Hello, I am a student in Tampere and I am planning to apply for residence permit extension this month. But the earliest appointment date in Tampere police station is in august. I managed to get an appointment in another city. My question is, is it possible to go and apply in another city? Anyone did a similar thing?
You can apply using the online service.

https://enterfinland.fi/eServices

However, you still need to visit the police station. This can be done anywhere or you can go to Tampere any day and take a queue number. It does not have to be fast but they must serve you.
Thanks. I don't have the option of online application, I can't pay online, so I have to apply in person.

But can I apply without appointment? Even I have to wait all day in queue?