Studying @ Turku

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
amahdy

Studying @ Turku

Post by amahdy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:23 am

Hei,
I got accepted in both Turku yliopisto and Abo Akademi. Not sure which one to choose? Language is not a factor for me, as I don't know both languages.

So aside from language, and rank that does not really matter much for me, can someone please advice which one to choose?
I was told to accept "both", is it really possible? and is it of any benefit?

All replies are appreciated, thanks.

Studying @ Turku

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

amahdy

Re: Studying @ Turku

Post by amahdy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Anyone? :)

keihell

Re: Studying @ Turku

Post by keihell » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi man!

I'm sorry this is not the reply you're lookign for, as I'm not finnish, and just got accepted to Abo Akademi to start my master studies on August.
The only thing I can tell you is as far as I know, it's not possible to accept both seats as there's a law or something which avoid people to do that.
As you might infer, I cannot tell you which one is better, but I would say there's no much difference between them. A good approach would be to check university rankings and see which one has a "higher" qualification in your specific area of study. That's all I can say.

Good luck with that, and probably we'll meet in Turku someday.