Any native English speaker interested in learning Chinese?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
pianistisuomi

Post by pianistisuomi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:19 pm

If you are native English speaker and also interested in learning Chinese, please read on. We have a 10 year old boy, who wants to learn English. Parents are native Chinese speakers. We can teach you Chinese in return. We can meet, e.g. once a week at public library. If interested, please send me private message. Thanks for your attention.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

DMC

Re: Any native English speaker interested in learning Chines

Post by DMC » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:09 pm

It might be a good idea to state your location.

I would be interested in this but you are almost certainly nowhere near me. I did a short Chinese language course years ago. I didn't learn a lot but it was an interesting experience. Even simple things like looking something up in a dictionary were a major challenge!

pianistisuomi

Post by pianistisuomi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 pm

My location is Helsinki/Espoo. Thanks your reminding me -:)

maurello

Post by maurello » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:38 pm

We are relocating to Helsinki from Singapore. Our daughter can speak Chinese for her age, she is 4 and half years old. Do you know of any activities for youngster Chinese we could join?

pianistisuomi

Post by pianistisuomi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:08 pm

maurello wrote:We are relocating to Helsinki from Singapore. Our daughter can speak Chinese for her age, she is 4 and half years old. Do you know of any activities for youngster Chinese we could join?
A few years ago when my sons were at your daughter' age, we went to a Chinese story telling group at Selli library every Saturday. Mothers read stories in Chinese to the kids in turn. You can check whether there are still such groups at libraries. Check also ISO Omena

andradalc

Post by andradalc » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:24 am

pianistisuomi wrote:If you are native English speaker and also interested in learning Chinese, please read on. We have a 10 year old boy, who wants to learn English. Parents are native Chinese speakers. We can teach you Chinese in return. We can meet, e.g. once a week at public library. If interested, please send me private message. Thanks for your attention.
I think the best way to get your kid to learn English is to pay for someone to do it, not expect strangers to do it for free or for some Chinese lessons. Paying for a professional will help your kid in the longer run.

maurello

Post by maurello » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:16 am

Clear, thanks for the tips. I found at the end also some club activities, such as Linguajoy Language Clubs Ltd / Kielikerhot Oy in Heikkiläntie 8. They have several language clubs, among those Mandarin twice a week. Helmet libraries also have events in Mandarin here and there, just have to follow-up on their website.

Ultimately a private tutor will probably be the best.