U of Helsinki 2017 masters applications

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
luisuh

Post by luisuh » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi to all,

I have decided to introduce this new topic so we can all contribute to informing each other on the 2017 masters application process of the University of Helsinki.

I applied to a master´s programme in global politics and communication. My application has already been successfully processed by UAF. I must admit they work pretty good. I had to resubmit my documents and they kindly answered to all my questions. Everything is fine now. Just have to wait for the final results?

Is it hard to get accepted? Anyone have information on this? I have good grades and a fine professional background.

luis.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rayffels

Re: U of Helsinki 2017 masters applications

Post by Rayffels » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:21 am

Have you heard back from the University yet? I applied for the same programme as well!

luisuh

Post by luisuh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Hey,

I have not heard anything from the university yet. However, some programmes have already uploaded their admission results. Ours should be in soon too. Here is the link

https://www.helsinki.fi/en/studying/ins ... 8602539955

You have to click on applicant/specific information.

Lets hope both of us get accepted and have a nice time in Helsinki!

Rayffels

Post by Rayffels » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi. Thanks for your answer. :D It seems the Faculty of Social Sciences is really taking its time for assessing the applications! I know two other people who were already accepted to their programmes, although they did apply for different programmes in different faculties. Thanks for the link! I really hope we will both hear something soon! This waiting is nerve-wracking!!

luisuh

Post by luisuh » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:48 am

Yeah, Im pretty nervous too. It seems that GPC is going to be the last one to publish. European studies has already posted results too. Hopefully, they give us the results today so we can celebrate this weekend.

Rayffels

Post by Rayffels » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Apparently so! I applied for the European Studies as well, and I heard back from them yesterday. I had picked Global Politics first in the application process, but in reality I was equally interested in both programmes. As I couldn't wait any longer, I decided to accept the place in European studies haha. Fingers crossed that you get into the GPC! :thumbsup: It shouldn't take long if European studies has already decided on places, and that is an inter-faculty programme!

luisuh

Post by luisuh » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:30 am

Thats great! Congratulations. Hopefully we will meet in Helsinki. I contacted student ambassadors and they told me that the "department is having some technical problems and won't be able to send the responses as planned. They send huge apologies"....so i guess ill have to wait until next week.

Rayffels

Post by Rayffels » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Thank you luisuh. :) Fingers crossed that you hear something in the following days, this is just cruel from them if they make you wait any longer! There's a slight chance that I might have to do the GPC programme, as accordingly I will automatically be allocated to the programme that was first on my list in the application process I were to be accepted. It would be kind of funny if I am 'forced' to do the programme even if I wanted to do European studies! In this scenario, we might be course mates haha.

kkl

Post by kkl » Wed May 03, 2017 9:54 pm

Hey guys !

Congrats for getting accepted and I hope that the outstanding results will be publshed soon.

I applied for TRANSMED and got accepted :thumbsup: In case I won't get a study place at the Medical University in Vienna I'll study in Helsinki.
How are you handling the housing Situation?
I already applied at Hoas, but do you know if there are any other student housing options (except for Antti Korpi)? It's so frustrating for me to look for housing options as my budget is way to Little for the open market...

cheers :D