question about extending visa

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
ysimmliy

Post by ysimmliy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Hello everyone

I am currently depressing and hopeless because my credits are below the minimum required (39 while the minimum is 45). I make this thread to ask if it's possible to extend my visa? And what should I do if I fail the visa extending appointment?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: question about extending visa

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 pm

No reason to be depressed. They'll renew your residence permit (it's not called visa).

In the additional information field in the residence permit application, right the following after thinking about it:
- Why you don't have the needed annual ETCS. For example, if you were sick, or suffered from seasonal depression, or some other legitimate reason. Don't make it into a sad story. Just explain why in 2 lines.
- Explain that you're motivated to fix the situation in the next semester and write 2 lines on how you're planning to address the situation.

That's it. Be honest and direct.

If the only missing requirement is that, then they'll renew it for you.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.