Student permit renewal

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
crypt3d

Student permit renewal

Post by crypt3d » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi, I study in Vaasa amk. Since May, I have been living in Helsinki. I have a job in Helsinki with permanent contract that earns me more than 560 Euro in a month. Is it possible to renew my student permit with that contract ? As I am a student in Vaasa and not in Helsinki, does a permanent job contract in Helsinki qualify as a means of support ? Looking for responses ASAP. I am panicking hard. And thanks for reading :)

Student permit renewal

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Student permit renewal

Post by rinso » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:15 am

crypt3d wrote:Hi, I study in Vaasa amk. Since May, I have been living in Helsinki. I have a job in Helsinki with permanent contract that earns me more than 560 Euro in a month. Is it possible to renew my student permit with that contract ? As I am a student in Vaasa and not in Helsinki, does a permanent job contract in Helsinki qualify as a means of support ? Looking for responses ASAP. I am panicking hard. And thanks for reading :)
Working in Hki and studying in Vaasa seems very hard to achieve. My first impression is (and that of Migri too I suppose) that you try to avoid the requirements for a RP based on work. I wouldn't be surprised if it was denied.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:11 pm

crypt3d wrote:Hi, I study in Vaasa amk. Since May, I have been living in Helsinki. I have a job in Helsinki with permanent contract that earns me more than 560 Euro in a month. Is it possible to renew my student permit with that contract ? As I am a student in Vaasa and not in Helsinki, does a permanent job contract in Helsinki qualify as a means of support ? Looking for responses ASAP. I am panicking hard. And thanks for reading :)
It is possible as long as you also satisfy the study credit requirements.

crypt3d

Post by crypt3d » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:20 pm

It is possible as long as you also satisfy the study credit requirements.
I meet the credit requirements. I know that it was possible in the past but as migri has stepped up to make decision on RP extension from Jan of 2017, I am a bit worried.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:07 pm

crypt3d wrote:I meet the credit requirements. I know that it was possible in the past but as migri has stepped up to make decision on RP extension from Jan of 2017, I am a bit worried.
The legislation for student permits stayed the same.