Is it late to visit the embassy at 18 June 2018 to submit the student residence permit application?

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Anoirsana

Is it late to visit the embassy at 18 June 2018 to submit the student residence permit application?

Post by Anoirsana » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:41 am

Hello people
I was admitted to VAMK .IT
I have to be in the campus by 7 September at the least
After I have submitted the online application through EnterFinland today I had to request an appointment to visit the embassy and the embassy gave me an appointment on 18.06.2018 and told me that it is the earliest date possible

My question is do you think it's a bit late ?!
I know it takes an average one month for the application to be processed but I heard that in case they ask me for additional documents it may take longer
How long that the delay could be ?! 10 days 20 days a month !?
And after a positive decision being made
How long it usually takes to get the permit card from the embassy ?!
Please members with experience answer me and thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Is it late to visit the embassy at 18 June 2018 to submit the student residence permit application?

Post by tavastia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:59 am

Every application is unique, nobody can tell how long will take yours. You can check the queue situation and average processing time on their website. Card will be delivered to the embassy in about 2 weeks after the permit is granted. Be aware the card will not be delivered in Finland or other address other that the embassy where you applied.

rinso

Re: Is it late to visit the embassy at 18 June 2018 to submit the student residence permit application?

Post by rinso » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 am

My question is do you think it's a bit late ?!
That is not relevant. The decision will take it's time. So it will be in time or not. You cannot influence that.
As for travel arrangements; Migri advises to wait till you have the decision.