HAMK Online Entrance Exam

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Spicey

Post by Spicey » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:27 am

Hi, I have applied to HAMK direct application for Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications and I have been invited for the online entrance exam/interview scheduled for 19th February 2019.
First time of applying for studies in Finland so I do not know much about the exam.
If anyone could explain the structure of the exam, what is needed for the exam, what to expect and help me with any kind of prep material.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mayankjaswal

Re: HAMK Online Entrance Exam

Post by Mayankjaswal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 am

I gave the hamk online test back in November for electrical and automation engineering and it's very easy and will be no issue , and also I will be joining hamk in August in the Valkeasokski campus

Spicey

Post by Spicey » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm

hi thanks for the reply but what am I supposed to expect in the exam and also the interview...
Also I am taking for computer applications

danielkelly

Post by danielkelly » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Mayankjaswal wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 am
I gave the hamk online test back in November for electrical and automation engineering and it's very easy and will be no issue , and also I will be joining hamk in August in the Valkeasokski campus

i will be doing the online exams soon for electrical and automation engineering. I am an international student from jamaica. How difficult is it ? and is it multiple choice questions?

danielkelly

Post by danielkelly » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:39 pm

Mayankjaswal wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 am
also how is the interview structured?

ruhul amin

Post by ruhul amin » Thu May 09, 2019 12:07 pm

i have got invitation letter for entrance exam from finland .but i have no idea entrance exam.please can you tell me, entrance exam.and my exam will be organized 13 may on online.may i know how is the question MCQ or written.

danielkelly

Post by danielkelly » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:28 am

So I am back again. I did the HAMK university of applied sciences online entrance exam for the Electrical and automation degree on December 3, 2019. I had to get up at 1:00am to do the exam becuase finland is 7 hrs ahead of my country of Jamaica. The exam is made up of an english section in which you are required to write an essay introducing yourself briefly, then write about what motivated you as a student to want to study in finland and finally about how you expect HAMK to benefit you and your future career. The second section which is math is all multiple choice ( finding domain of graphs, finding area of complex shape, logical thinking tricky questions , solving for a singular variable such as x or z). The third section is physics and is also all multiple choice with questions testing equations of linear motion (v= u+at, s=ut + 1/2 at^2, v^2=u^2 +2as) etc. It does require preparation so if they tell you it doesn't , please do not fall for it. I had to guess several answers. At the end of it all I passed and got invited to the online interview on December 9, 2019.

goncalopm19

Post by goncalopm19 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi . I am doing the smart organic farming entrance exam at Hamk University of applied sciences, and i seem to have found nothing or anything for me to prepare myself for the exam ...
Anyone knows anything about the basic mathematic knowledge ?
The exam is next week and i have no idea what to study for.

Spicey

Post by Spicey » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:33 am

I took the entrance exam a while back though it was for another program but the Mathematics questions are basically high school level :) .

chunmin89

Post by chunmin89 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 am

thank you for sharing

Hobbitfoot

Post by Hobbitfoot » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:54 am

Just got an email for the entrance exam for Construction Engineering course. I didn't expect to have to take one as I already told them I have a Civil Engineering Diploma and 7+ years experience in industry.

Anyway, I haven't done maths or physics in some time, just basic work stuff, so it'd be good to know what exactly 'high school level' is. HAMK, of course, are being pretty vague about this. Thanks for the help!