It's been 9 weeks since submission of RP application

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:38 am

Been 9 weeks and I'm worried.

Migri never asked for additional information. It's been "in progress" for 5 weeks now. This really affects my everyday life. I quit my job for the Master's program, got my plane ticket (leaving in ~10 days), paid for the HOAS security deposit, and keep checking the status every hour like a crazy person.

I uploaded additional information (even though not asked by Migri) yesterday, which now I realize could be a mistake because by doing so, my application may go to the end of the queue?? I don't know. This is just a painful process that I would never want to go through again.

Is there anyone who has waited for more than 2 months and got no decision yet?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

dee45

Re: It's been 9 weeks since submission of RP application

Post by dee45 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:39 pm

I had a friend who went through the same thing. Hang in there. Check ur flight tickets for changing of dates. At least in tampere, they have extended the enrollment date until Sep 13, because a lot of students are in a similar situation. Check with ur program coordinator if the same think is in ur university too.

Good luck and I hope u get ur permit soon :)

Arf

Post by Arf » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:30 am

Hi, I went to VFS on 29th May to submit my papers and my application was officially lodged on 3rd June. I have got a + decision on 5th August. You just have to wait. However sending additional documents (on your own) doesnt delay the process(I have done it). But it most probably does if Immigration ask for it.
Follow this link to see how far they are from your lodgement date (https://migri.fi/en/artikkeli/-/asset_p ... inlandis-2).
Remember that even if you have a + result it might be days/weeks before you get the residence card.
Best wishes.

Petalsjnr4

Post by Petalsjnr4 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:35 am

Sweetpea wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:38 am
Been 9 weeks and I'm worried.

Migri never asked for additional information. It's been "in progress" for 5 weeks now. This really affects my everyday life. I quit my job for the Master's program, got my plane ticket (leaving in ~10 days), paid for the HOAS security deposit, and keep checking the status every hour like a crazy person.

I uploaded additional information (even though not asked by Migri) yesterday, which now I realize could be a mistake because by doing so, my application may go to the end of the queue?? I don't know. This is just a painful process that I would never want to go through again.

Is there anyone who has waited for more than 2 months and got no decision yet?

I have been asked for supplements on the 12th of July and replied on the 19th till now there has been no update
I think we need to be a bit patient

ICT

Post by ICT » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi guys, have you gotten a decision yet?
keep moving...