Actuarial science in Finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Streep

Post by Streep » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience working as an actuary or analyst in Finland? Or know whether IFOA exams/exemptions carry any weight towards the SHV degree, or even translate to membership of the Suomen Aktuaariyhdistys?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Actuarial science in Finland

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

Streep wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am
I was wondering if anyone has any experience working as an actuary or analyst in Finland? Or know whether IFOA exams/exemptions carry any weight towards the SHV degree, or even translate to membership of the Suomen Aktuaariyhdistys?
Sending an email to Suomen Aktuaariyhdistys is more likely to give reliable answers on that than asking random people on the internet.

inkku

Post by inkku » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Finland girl/boy, your snarky style is unnecessarily rude. If you don't know, keep quiet.

On the website, it says for the membership, you need to be recommended by two members. I don't know the field either but their accreditation seems to be based on international standards so you have good chances. As our friend above recommends, better to ask the persons mentioned on their website.

Streep

Post by Streep » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:22 pm

inkku wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:13 pm
Finland girl/boy, your snarky style is unnecessarily rude. If you don't know, keep quiet.

On the website, it says for the membership, you need to be recommended by two members. I don't know the field either but their accreditation seems to be based on international standards so you have good chances. As our friend above recommends, better to ask the persons mentioned on their website.
Inkku, thank you for your help!

I was hoping some "random people on the internet" weren't also off from work for the Easter Weekend.