Studying and Post Study, Computer Science Jobs and Future

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
rishabh

Post by rishabh » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Hey,

I've been selected at Aalto Uni in MSc Computer Science. I wanted to know the prospects of jobs in computer science mainly in Data Science. Being a Non-Eu citizen, what might be possible challenges. Also, I wanted to know about part-time work opportunities to earn my monthly living.

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Studying and Post Study, Computer Science Jobs and Future

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:12 pm

rishabh wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:19 pm
I've been selected at Aalto Uni in MSc Computer Science. I wanted to know the prospects of jobs in computer science mainly in Data Science. Being a Non-Eu citizen, what might be possible challenges.
Usually finding a job should not be a problem after you graduated with that degree, but noone knows in what state the economy will be after COVID-19.
rishabh wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Also, I wanted to know about part-time work opportunities to earn my monthly living.
For your monthly living you have to show sufficient money in your bank account when applying for the residence permit.
There is a chance that you might be able to find a part-time job in IT, but don't rely on that.
Outside IT your job chances are very low until you are able to work in FInnish.