Question on the EnterFinland website about participating in an exchange program funded by the EU

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
ismailamenzou

Question on the EnterFinland website about participating in an exchange program funded by the EU

Post by ismailamenzou » Fri May 29, 2020 3:23 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post, my name is Ismail and i have a question I don't understand on the enterfinland website, it goes as follows:
During your stay in Finland, do you intend to participate in a mobility program funded by the EU or by EU member states, under EU directive 2016/801?
I don't know how to answer it really since I guess I'm not there yet to know about which mobility program I want to participate in and generally literally I haven't started my studies and I just started applying for the residence permit and yet I have no idea about those programs funded by the EU since I'm not an EU national.
If someone knows something about this I'll be very grateful if he or sheds a light on this matter, Thank you in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Question on the EnterFinland website about participating in an exchange program funded by the EU

Post by rinso » Fri May 29, 2020 10:25 am

If you have no idea what it is, you probably will not participate.

Off course you could google it and you would find:
It is appropriate to facilitate the admission of third-country nationals applying for the purpose of carrying out a research activity through an admission procedure which does not depend on their legal relationship with the host research organisation and by no longer requiring a work permit in addition to an authorisation. This procedure should be based on collaboration between research organisations and the immigration authorities in Member States. It should give the former a key role in the admission procedure with a view to facilitating and speeding up the entry of third-country nationals applying for the purpose of carrying out a research activity in the Union while preserving Member States' prerogatives with respect to immigration policy. Research organisations, which Member States should have the possibility to approve in advance, should be able to sign either a hosting agreement or a contract with a third-country national for the purpose of carrying out a research activity. Member States should issue an authorisation on the basis of the hosting agreement or the contract if the conditions for entry and residence are met.