F1 News Coulthard out Montoya to Partner Kimi.

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:58 pm

So where will DC move to..
He burnt his boats at Williams.
This move will hurt Williams as Montoya has all the inside info on BMW engines etc.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 276943.stm

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:15 pm

The rumours were true then for once.

Looking forward to seeing Kimi and JPM in the same car and whipping those prancing donkeys.

Strange though Montoya will still be at Williams next season - surely he wont get 100% support from the team.

DC is on the slippery slope - next stop Jaguar?
½Image½Image

Stacey

Post by Stacey » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:59 pm

I agree with you guys, McLaren is going to be so much better with JPM and Kimi although it is a shame to see DC knocked out of the team after he's been there for so long. :? He has been losing a bit lately it was the 1 lap qualifying that did it though, if he had a higher grid position to begin with he would have done better as he does start near the back and recovers well.
Hopefully McLaren will do even better this year with the new MP4-19. :D
I think it is a good move to get rid of the old and replace with newer younger drivers-it may work for Sauber this year. :o
Anyway I hope Kimi can do a great job at McLaren this year :P and JPM obviously won't be getting 100% support from Williams this year either.
Looks like DC may end up in a Jaguar or a Jordan (if they can find funding.) :roll:

Stacey :wink:

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:19 am

Welcome Stacey, what brings you from the West Country to .?

I heard yesterday that another Finn Heikki Kovalainen might get a drive for Minardi next year. He's testing with them today I think after testing for Renault. Nico Rosberg (Keke Rosbergs son) has also been testing for Williams, I'm definate he'll get a drive sooner or later.

More Finns in F1!!

Also good news that Silverstone has dropped its crazy prices at last :thumbsup: - 90 quid for all three days. I paid that years ago just to get in for the Sunday :thumbsdown: .
½Image½Image

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:14 pm

Down with Raikkonen! Down with Montoya!!! The future on the Formula 1 is called Montagny...
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)

shazman

Post by shazman » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:34 pm

chill out!
DC was overpaid and mediocre - so definately down with him.

But everyone else has a reasonable claim to participate... some more so than others. And if Schumi wants to drive people off the track then he is perfectly entitled to :?
Image Image Anteeksi, olen ulkomalainen!

Stacey

Post by Stacey » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:55 pm

In response to 'JasonS' I came to the . because I like Finland and anything Finnish! Thats the reason really! :smile:
Anyway, I also heard that Heikki Kovalainen may get a drive. That would be cool, I read an interview with him once and seemed a very nice person and very talkative-(a bit different to some other Finns!) :D
I don't know much about Nico Rosberg though. :oops:
OK, to the person who is saying down with Montoya/Raikkonen-you so can't say that, they are the future of F1 and maybe it'll be even more noticable in 2004 and also when Michael Schumacher retires. :ochesey:
Stacey :uk: :star: