What the Aussies said about it.

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
maxwell

Post by maxwell » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:44 pm

They should get rid of that plonker of a prime minister.
He is a disgrace.
If he is a reflection of what Australia is all about then I've been right all along about not wanting to set foot in the place.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 232760.stm

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:22 pm

Pleased to see the Aussie press eating a big slice of humble pie. Thanks to all Aussies apart from childish polititians for accepting a close defeat. It was though just about the perfect showpiece final, no sane person could have given a poor review.

Anyway well done Clive Woodward and the team for having the steel to make England winners for a change, not the usual 'so close yet so far'.

I do hope English football can take a leaf out of their book.
½Image½Image

mof

Post by mof » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:38 am

From one Aussies perception (me) all I can say is well done..

The brits deserved the win and Australian hasn't seen that many tourism dollars since the Olympics.

--------highly opinionated statement below----------------------
The cynic in me says..
Probably better that the Brits win, Aussies handle defeat better, I mean you won't hear us whinging about the loss, just concentrating on the next game.

Wombat

Post by Wombat » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:14 am

Yes it was definitely a great game and England deserved to win, they played strong throughout the whole tournament.

I do think mof has a point though, we do handle defeat better. At least we'll stick around for a beer afterwards. I can remember being in England when the Lions were touring and 30 seconds after the final whistle blew, the pub was completely empty. Well it made the queue for the toilet shorter, hehe.

steev

Post by steev » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:16 pm

!"#¤%!!
We still can't win - the Aussies above inform us that they are BETTER LOSERS!!!! :shock: Go Aussie go, that competitive spirit still burns and you can always be magnanimous in defeat ... oh,no, that's right - you can't :roll: ... this time criticising the poms for the way they lose, let's hope you keep being better losers than us into the future. :wink: :lol:

Maybe you should follow the example of your Prime Minister and be gracious in defeat ... oh, !"#¤%, he couldn't manage it either ... :lol:

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:38 pm

Those posts above about being better losers says it all really.

Aussie has no class. Never had and never will.

mof

Post by mof » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:03 am

Sheesh,

Aussies have no Class :roll:

I think it is just sufficient to say the Brits did a great job on the day and should be proud of their result. :uk: :thumb_up:

I will say nothing to defend the Aussie PM...there is no defense for that wa**er :evil: