Why didnt Nicky Butt play yesterday??

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Helmi

Post by Helmi » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:00 pm

Is he injured? He wasn't even on the subs bench yesterday :(

Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Re: Why didnt Nicky Butt play yesterday??

Post by Ace » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:47 pm

Helmi wrote:Is he injured? He wasn't even on the subs bench yesterday :(
I heard a whisper he's going in January, its a problem that he's cup tied in european competitions though. Butt + cash for Anelka is what I heard this week. Can't see City doing it myself :wink:

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:11 am

I think that would be a bad move on the part of Utd. Butt is an excellent player and will be needed more and more as Keane fades.

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:34 am

Niall Shaky wrote:I think that would be a bad move on the part of Utd. Butt is an excellent player and will be needed more and more as Keane fades.
Yeah but P.Nevilles better as the hatchet man, and we've got Djemba Djemba in now to fill that role, Butts surplus to requirements and his passing is not up to scratch, we need a striker, midfield is chocka at the moment.

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:08 am

Came from a reliable source this:
Butt twatted Ronaldo
in training...

result one monumental hairdryer from SAF
but Ronaldo was not playing last night because of a tackle from our favourite City fan.....and SAF went tonto, quite right too
Also Ronaldo's just been sent on a holiday by Ferguson, Nicky Butt played in Europe this week in a fairly meaningless game (We had already qualified). There is talk of SAF putting Butt in the shop window so to speak!