Ruud Van Nistelroy off to Pastures New

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
simon

Post by simon » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:58 am

Ill wait for a while till I tell you will be amazed.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:32 pm

Ace wrote:What a load of bollocks :lol: The FA, Blatter and FIFA fecking hate us.
Ace, it's not just them! :lol:

simon

Post by simon » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:08 pm

Last oposition player to score a penalty at OT

Is Ruel Fox, Norwich,4-12-93 score 2-2

Since then only 5 opposition players have taken penalties at OT since the premiership began!!!!!

Funny that since RVN scored 9 there last season. Can we read something into this.

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:37 pm

simon wrote:Last oposition player to score a penalty at OT

Is Ruel Fox, Norwich,4-12-93 score 2-2

Since then only 5 opposition players have taken penalties at OT since the premiership began!!!!!

Funny that since RVN scored 9 there last season. Can we read something into this.
Does this mean they all missed?????? Damned sneaky SAF trick, that, making the goal smaller. :)
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

simon

Post by simon » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:48 pm

WLM wrote:
Does this mean they all missed?????? Damned sneaky SAF trick, that, making the goal smaller. :)
John Sheridan scored in the first season of the PL but other than that missed or saved

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:13 pm

Yeah an unusual statistic, just goes to show we're the champions of fair play as well as England doesn't it ;-)

junot

Post by junot » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:24 pm

Today Arsene Wenger said that he holds no grudges against Sam Allardyce for last season's 'goings on' at the Reebok.

"I have no resentment for what happened last year. It is a memory as far as I'm concerned. As I recall we were unlucky not to win. I wasn't bothered so much by what happened before the game but we lost two players through tackles and there was lenient refereeing"

At the time he accused big Sam of influencing the referee prior to the game :) It's ok for the likes of Wenger to play mind games but they don't like it when they get out- psyched by the 'lesser lights'.
Keep on patronising us Arsene! It's what fires us up :)

I have a feeling that the cup game and extra time this week may have a big influence tomorrow, one way or the other. We'll see.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:20 pm

I hope so mate :wink: After another nice result last week :-)

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:16 pm

Nice work agent Junot :D Hopefully United go top tommorow. Thats the Xmas present i'm looking for 8)