Anyone going to World Junior Hockey Finals on Monday?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
BAT

Post by BAT » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:21 pm

Today Finland plays United States, and Canada plays Czech Republic to find out who plays in the bronze and gold medal games on Monday.

Anyone going to see the games on Monday?

Should be fun!! I'm going with some fellow Canadians, Finns and Americans. Maybe we'll see you there! (Maybe could arrange a spot in the arena to meet for a pint during an intermission?)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

BAT

Post by BAT » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:38 pm

Okay, I've heard from a few people - it should be fun! See you there!

Good luck to Finland, who will hopefully win the bronze, and no luck needed for the Canucks who will surely kick some Yankee bottom to win gold!!!! :twisted: (I hope I won't have to eat my words later! :D )

Geri Bush

Post by Geri Bush » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:24 pm

Hello,

Is there a meeting place?

How about people who haven't bought tickets yet? Should we try to get seats together?

Geri

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 pm

made this a sticky for a day so people can arrange to meet up ace

Geri Bush

Post by Geri Bush » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:21 pm

No interest! No way! I'll be there! Soooo GO USA!!!

No bad feelings I hope, BAT.

BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:53 am

Sorry Geri, I wasn't online yesterday to make any last minute plans. Did you end up going?

The US played hard and did a good job to tie it up at 3 - 3. It is too bad they had to win on an accidental goal by Team Canada though. Would have been a more meaningful win if the goal came off of a US player's stick.

I was down about the loss, but is was exciting hockey to watch. This positive article made me feel a little better today - http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story. ... =world_jrs

Congrats to Team US!

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:17 am

We traveled back from Sweden on the Silja line last Monday night (29/30th)and the Canadian boys were also returning to the championship series after a week end series of exhibition matches against some Stockholm youth teams. They were very fine ambassadores for Canada, wearing their match shirts and wandering around the public areas and entering into friendly conversation with anyone who wished to speak with them.
One of those who spoke with a small group of them was Harri Koponen, the new president and CEO of Sonera who was traveling with his family. I stuck my ears into their conversation. He spoke in fluent "American" English about the NHL and Finnish NHL stars...but...One of the young Canadian then asked him, "What part of the USA do you come from Sir?" :roll:
Not sure if that was taken as a compliment to his English or not!

Geri Bush

Post by Geri Bush » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:16 pm

Yes, of course I went to the games. They were great.

The Canada - US game was wonderful. Two wonderful teams! And fast play! I had a great time and really enjoyed the atmosphere! Even though on opposite sides the Canadian fans were wonderfully friendly and enjoyed a little USA jab here and there. I think everyone realized what a great game it was and that helped lessen the sorrow.

Go USA! First time for everything.

Geri