Indoor artificial grass football field

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
caglarugur

Post by caglarugur » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Hello,

I wonder if there is a Indoor artificial grass football field in the metropolitan area? (Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo)

If you know about it, Could you please write down the webpage etc..

Thanks

Caglar Ugur

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: Indoor artificial grass football field

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:28 pm

There are dozens of them... all over Espoo, Helsinki and Vantaa and beyond.

eg (in Espoo) Esport Arena (Niittykumpu); A-Link Arena (Espoonkeskus); Laaksolahti (opposite the ice rink)

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Does Finland get MRSA cases related to artificial turf, or is that more of a warm-country phenomenon?
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Never heard of that. But you've got me wondering. My son plays football on artificial turf 3x a week. Have there been cases where you live?

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:41 pm

In my most local area, I don't think they've been related to artificial turf because we have so much of the real stuff. But yes from wrestling, locker rooms, etc. Everybody who is admitted to the ER or the hospital is routinely checked for it. Of course that's sort of like the arms dealer who puts everyone they do business with through a metal detector first -- the most likely place to get infected with MRSA here is a hospital, but sports are also high on the list of sources. You probably saw in Wikipedia that a study in Texas found that players of American football (which population of players, I couldn't tell) have 16x higher incidence of the infection than the general population.

Then again, my metro area has the population of the entirety of Finland. So reading about an occasional local case in the paper isn't that surprising.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 pm

I see from http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRSA that the number of cases diagnosed in Finland has grown from 89 in 1995 to 1,740 in 2008, with a 2007-to-2008 increase of 26%. But the overall infection rate seems to be only 1-5%. (Sounds high to me, but I don't know how the test was conducted and it might represent something else.)

Here's a graphic from the English Wikipedia article summarizing the results of blood testing for MRSA (no other info on the methodology) in Europe.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:25 pm

I thought that pretty much everybody carried it...

Seems like Finland has one of the lowest rates in Europe.

jeff1960

Post by jeff1960 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Does anyone know if MRSA is as high in the united states?

PredatoR

Post by PredatoR » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:34 am

Sorry to wake the topic up :)

May you kindly write if you know in Helsinki area on metro line where indoor artificial grass football field?

Thanks

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:13 pm

There are a few around, their terms of use may depend on who manages them. "Tekonurmi kupla" are the keywords you're looking for, or kuplahalli.
A quick search reveals, for example fields in Käpylä, Pajamäki and Pihlajamäki. I've seen them also Töölö (between the stadiums) and Munkkisaari (I believe).

PredatoR

Post by PredatoR » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:10 am

ajdias wrote:There are a few around, their terms of use may depend on who manages them. "Tekonurmi kupla" are the keywords you're looking for, or kuplahalli.
A quick search reveals, for example fields in Käpylä, Pajamäki and Pihlajamäki. I've seen them also Töölö (between the stadiums) and Munkkisaari (I believe).
Thank you!

I believe I can find some suitable ones :)