HELP! Any Basketball court in Oulu?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
yzy91

Post by yzy91 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:08 am

Hi guys

I'm from China and now on business trip in Oulu for 3 monthes.
I've been arrived here for about 2 weeks but I find it's really hard to see any basketball court here... :shock:

So I'm just wondering is there any alive basketball court near the Oulu city? I'm living in Limingankatu 24.

Thx!!! :beer_yum:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Re: HELP! Any Basketball court in Oulu?

Post by 007 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:13 am

yzy91 wrote:Hi guys

I've been arrived here for about 2 weeks but I find it's really hard to see any basketball court here... :shock:

So I'm just wondering is there any alive basketball court near the Oulu city? I'm living in Limingankatu 24.

http://www.ouka.fi/oulu/english/exercis ... 62AA4519A4

I think every youth center/high school has a basketball court......you can go there around evening and ask the reception about the arrangement.

Anyway, the link above mentions availability of basketball in a number of halls...so, you just have to go there and ask.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

yzy91

Post by yzy91 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:29 am

007 wrote:
yzy91 wrote:Hi guys

http://www.ouka.fi/oulu/english/exercis ... 62AA4519A4

I think every youth center/high school has a basketball court......you can go there around evening and ask the reception about the arrangement.

Anyway, the link above mentions availability of basketball in a number of halls...so, you just have to go there and ask.

So it's not like what it's in China where many outdoor court is opening all day long and every passerby could join whenever they want .
Anyway, appreciate your reply and I'll go these places to have a look.:D

Post by 007 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Well....on the other hand, Finland has lots of ice skating/hockey ground outdoors...where anyone can join in etc..Climate provides perks in its own ways :wink:

Anyway, there can be some high schools that have outdoor basketball courts but inside their compounds.....At least, I have heard there's one at Tuira high school where people go to play basketball in the evening.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"