English speaking friends for outdoor activities

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
sallis

Post by sallis » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:04 am

HI,

I am a 35+ Finnish woman looking for English speaking company for various outdoor activities in the Helsinki region. I enjoy hiking, running, biking, skiing, ice skating, paddling etc, depending on the season. I have lived in the US in the past and am missing to speak the language on a regular basis.

Let me konw you are intersted!

Salla

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Querfeldein

Re: English speaking friends for outdoor activities

Post by Querfeldein » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Have you tried Helsinki Running Crew? I can't usually make their group runs (Tuesdays at 6pm from Töölönhalli), but there is always a mix of Finns and internationals, and the atmosphere is always quite chatty, with English being the common language. The distance tends to be around 10k, and the pace is relaxed at around 6min/km, but it adjusts to the slowest runner.

Alternatively, if you know some nice running routes around Helsinki, let me know. I wouldn't mind a variation on my usual Seurasaarenselkä loop, but in the current weather, I don't feel like venturing too far into unknown directions on my own.

nathancholland

Post by nathancholland » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi,
I am living in tilka and would like to meet more English speaking friend as my Finnish is not so good

abgenius

Post by abgenius » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi, I am a student living in Espoo close to Aalto and I would like to go hiking, biking etc.

FlorianP

Post by FlorianP » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:52 am

roxanamaria

Post by roxanamaria » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am

Hei Salla,
This is an old post but if you are still interested give it a shout. I am 33 years old working woman and I would be interested in speaking English and doing new activities in my spare time. The winter is coming so for the outdoor activities is a bit difficult. Maybe some walks, skating later on, or we can find something else appropriate with the weather. See ya!

Kate_Reed32

Post by Kate_Reed32 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:50 pm

FlorianP wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:52 am
Hey guys,

just join us next time :)

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52892

http://sub24helsinki.blogspot.fi/
Thanks, I'm definitely going! :D

tenny4

Post by tenny4 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:44 am

Instead, if you are familiar with any lovely jogging routes around Helsinki, please let me know. Although I wouldn't mind a change from my typical Seurasaarenselkä loop, the current weather makes me hesitant to travel too far alone in uncharted territory.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:51 am

tenny4 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:44 am
Instead, if you are familiar with any lovely jogging routes around Helsinki, please let me know. Although I wouldn't mind a change from my typical Seurasaarenselkä loop, the current weather makes me hesitant to travel too far alone in uncharted territory.
See https://citynature.eu/fi/helsinki/

Keskuspuisto and areas north and south of it (green on the map) have loads of walkways.

tenny4

Post by tenny4 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:48 pm

I'm a Finnish woman in my 35s searching for English-speaking companionship for a variety of outdoor activities around Helsinki. Depending on the season, I like to go hiking, jogging, bicycling, skiing, ice skating, paddling, etc. Since I've previously lived in the US, I miss regularly using the language.