Are helmets mandatory with bicycle?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nimap

Post by nimap » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:32 pm

Can anyone point me to the rules if helmets are mandatory to ride bicycle, kick scooter, electric scooter and electric bikes. If such are mandatory then shouldn't companies that provide fillari or electric scooter services also include hemlet in the package?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Are helmets mandatory with bicycle?

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:49 am

nimap wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:32 pm
Can anyone point me to the rules if helmets are mandatory to ride bicycle, kick scooter, electric scooter and electric bikes. If such are mandatory then shouldn't companies that provide fillari or electric scooter services also include hemlet in the package?
” Polkupyöräilijän ja polkupyörän matkustajan on ajon aikana yleensä käytettävä suojakypärää.”

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0729#L5P92

You are supposed to have your own.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 am

The mentioned subsection is a recommendation (breaking has no consequences). It’s a long discussion whether such recommendations should be put to legislation at all.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:37 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 am
The mentioned subsection is a recommendation (breaking has no consequences). It’s a long discussion whether such recommendations should be put to legislation at all.
Does it have any legal consequences regarding compensation claims when you get hit by a car that is at fault for the accident, and sustain brain injuries you wouldn't have had if following the recommendation?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:02 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:37 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 am
Does it have any legal consequences regarding compensation claims when you get hit by a car that is at fault for the accident, and sustain brain injuries you wouldn't have had if following the recommendation?
It would not. It would be paid by the mandatory insurance for the car. Even without a third party I assume this article is still true.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-6735226