Temporary stay in Caravan

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nimap

Post by nimap » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:04 pm

I have some friends (six) coming over to stay in Espoo. As they are cheap skaters they want to sleep on my couch and spend money only for touristy things. However, I love my sleep too much to let them make noise in my rented apartment, which is small enough for storing my material wealth. Six of them will of course be noisy.

My brother has caravan trailer that is parked in front of his house, which I have asked permission to borrow, but the problem is I do not live in detached house but rented apartment building. There is free parking in front of our building where people park Trucks, cars, tractors and such. My idea is to park the caravan in one of the spot and use Diesel for heating and electricity to keep the place worm. There is no bathroom in the caravan and toilet is chemically flushed. The parking is not city supervised, it is just free parking where everyone parks without any consequences from any authority.

They'll use the caravan only for sleeping during night or taking rest some days. At day time, they'll probably be travelling or sightseeing.

So my question is, what does the law say about this? Am I allowed to park the caravan like that and use if for max 15 days as temporary shelter for visitors?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Temporary stay in Caravan

Post by heretostay » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Depends on the owner of the parking lot. Try to find out who owns it and ask their rules.

nimap

Post by nimap » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:46 am

heretostay wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:51 pm
Try to find out who owns it.
how?

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:36 am

If is not own by any housing association, is own by the city. You can call and ask from them.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:48 am

Where will the electricity you use for the caravan come from?