Regarding a parcel

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
NukkuMatti

Re: Regarding a parcel

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:41 am

msatt wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:58 am
I will make sure I add a negative review for Posti about this problem in Posti Trustpilot page
Waste of time, even the Chinese already know how bad posti is, some sellers do not even send to Finland anymore (ebay).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Post by agroot » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Quick question here - how do you refuse a package that arrives over deadline and has been refunded already? It's the first time I have that, parcel was gone mysteriously for one month and now it's back on track.

Since I chose leaving parcel at door a few times recently, the OmaPosti app stopped asking and they just go straight to do that instead of sending to pickup point which could expire and return. Can I just bring back an unopened parcel to posti office and tell them I refuse to receive it?

DMC

Post by DMC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:16 am

NukkuMatti wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:41 am
Waste of time, even the Chinese already know how bad posti is
The postal service to here does seem to be getting worse, or at least less reliable. Yesterday, 11 January, I received a Christmas card posted in the UK on 9 December. Of course I have no idea where it was held up, but to be honest I don't care. I just know I cannot depend on timely delivery of anything, be it a small envelope or a large parcel.

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:44 am

Quick question here - how do you refuse a package that arrives over deadline and has been refunded already?
I think the proper thing to do is accept the package, contact the seller and return the refund (maybe with a deduction for the delay).
If you refuse the package posti has to send it back and they already make a loss on their contracts with China.
The seller might want an expensive item back if you don't want to return the refund. But for low-priced, low-quality mass-produced junk the seller won't care.

agroot

Post by agroot » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:06 pm

rinso wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:44 am
I think the proper thing to do is accept the package, contact the seller and return the refund (maybe with a deduction for the delay).
If you refuse the package posti has to send it back and they already make a loss on their contracts with China.
The seller might want an expensive item back if you don't want to return the refund. But for low-priced, low-quality mass-produced junk the seller won't care.
It's a third party seller on amazon Germany and I'm not sure if they could do that. Amazon itself could and I have requested that before. The seller's response was to refuse the delivery to allow the parcel to return - but can I do that once the package is delivered to my door? Just take the package to posti and tell them I don't want it?

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:23 pm

agroot wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:06 pm
rinso wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:44 am
It's a third party seller on amazon Germany and I'm not sure if they could do that. Amazon itself could and I have requested that before. The seller's response was to refuse the delivery to allow the parcel to return - but can I do that once the package is delivered to my door? Just take the package to posti and tell them I don't want it?
I guess make sure it is unopened and write on it: return sender and bring it back to posti... they will sort it out..(just make a picture you give it to posti when they do not give you a receipt).