Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
lou722

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by lou722 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 am

Hi,
I applied for citizenship and proved identity on 17/04/2021 and applied for the permanent on 2 June 2021 (I think the process might take long and my RP will be expiring soon). I checked Kamu queue number quite often. The last time I checked was around 2 weeks ago and the number was 5100 something.

However, for these 2 rencent weeks, I cannot check my citizenship application's queue. In the chat box, it says "I´m sorry but right now I can´t give you the information about the place in queue of your application. We are working on this issue, and place in queue should come available after short period of time. This does not mean that your application is not progressing in queue. However you can check the average processing time of the application type you submitted." And I can still check the queue on my permanent application.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Is there any kind of problems regarding this? Thanks all :wink:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ShadowEn

Post by ShadowEn » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:37 pm

lou722 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 am
Hi,
I applied for citizenship and proved identity on 17/04/2021 and applied for the permanent on 2 June 2021 (I think the process might take long and my RP will be expiring soon). I checked Kamu queue number quite often. The last time I checked was around 2 weeks ago and the number was 5100 something.

However, for these 2 rencent weeks, I cannot check my citizenship application's queue. In the chat box, it says "I´m sorry but right now I can´t give you the information about the place in queue of your application. We are working on this issue, and place in queue should come available after short period of time. This does not mean that your application is not progressing in queue. However you can check the average processing time of the application type you submitted." And I can still check the queue on my permanent application.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Is there any kind of problems regarding this? Thanks all :wink:
I experienced Kamu problems from 31/5/2021 to 3/6/2021. I got the same message as you. However, since 3/6 I have experienced no such problems.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:11 pm

ShadowEn wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:37 pm
lou722 wrote:
Hi,

I experienced Kamu problems from 31/5/2021 to 3/6/2021. I got the same message as you. However, since 3/6 I have experienced no such problems.
Same problem here.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Hello,

Anyone proved identity in May and has his application moved to stage 2 ??

lou722

Post by lou722 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:20 pm

ShadowEn wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:37 pm
lou722 wrote:
Hi,

Nice to hear that it could somehow be fixed. Mine has not been back to normal yet :(

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:57 am

maskara wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:40 pm
maskara wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:09 pm
Their questions were weird. Like “you got this much money transfer from your spouse, did you pay the gift tax on that money?” It shocked me lol. The amount is not high btw.
Tax debt can be a reason to deny the application.
Can be but I had no idea about this absurd “gift tax” which is invented to skim people more. What is even more absurd, it doesn’t matter if you are family or not, if you get an amount of 5000 € total in 3 years, you have to pay gift tax. Which makes it clear that both partners have to have their own income or they have to pay tax for something that is a family sharing. In my case it’s not a debt or I deliberately not paid, I simply had no idea of such thing and I will pay the tax and move on. If they deny my application for “gift tax” which I didn’t know, will mean that they were actually looking to deny the application anyway. If it was income tax, employee tax etc I would understand but gift tax? Come on. How many Finns pay gift tax in Finland? I swear I didn’t even know such thing exists for limit of 5000€ for 3 years which makes 50 euros per month lol.

Anyway, I guess I will find out soon.
How they find out that ,you have to pay for gift tax?
Did you send them your bank statement?

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi all
is this requirement possible to use is this citizenship application.

‘You are not required to have secure means of support if:

You have been granted a residence permit on compassionate grounds or as a victim of human trafficking.
You are an underage sibling of a minor foreign national who has come to Finland alone and has been granted a residence permit on compassionate grounds, and your parents have died or disappeared.
You have been granted a residence permit on the basis of international protection (asylum, subsidiary protection or temporary protection).
You have been accepted as a quota refugee.

Mine is (You are a family member of a Finnish citizen, or an underage, unmarried child of such a family member.)

merryberry

Post by merryberry » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:48 am

Mamu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:57 am
maskara wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Tax debt can be a reason to deny the application.
Can be but I had no idea about this absurd “gift tax” which is invented to skim people more. What is even more absurd, it doesn’t matter if you are family or not, if you get an amount of 5000 € total in 3 years, you have to pay gift tax. Which makes it clear that both partners have to have their own income or they have to pay tax for something that is a family sharing. In my case it’s not a debt or I deliberately not paid, I simply had no idea of such thing and I will pay the tax and move on. If they deny my application for “gift tax” which I didn’t know, will mean that they were actually looking to deny the application anyway. If it was income tax, employee tax etc I would understand but gift tax? Come on. How many Finns pay gift tax in Finland? I swear I didn’t even know such thing exists for limit of 5000€ for 3 years which makes 50 euros per month lol.

Anyway, I guess I will find out soon.
How they find out that ,you have to pay for gift tax?
Did you send them your bank statement?
Last edited by merryberry on Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Any News?

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:33 am

Does notification of the citizenship applications (3 months) comes the day you applied or the day you proved identity?? The reason of this question is that, i have heard every 3 months of the citizenship application ,applicants received notifications.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:02 am

Edward35 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:33 am
Does notification of the citizenship applications (3 months) comes the day you applied or the day you proved identity?? The reason of this question is that, i have heard every 3 months of the citizenship application ,applicants received notifications.
No notifications no kamu works nothing at the moment.

Ragnar

Citizenship Application 2021

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:11 pm

I applied for citizenship two weeks ago! Proved my Identity, but I can't find my place on the queue via kamu. Is there anyone experiencing this issue?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:26 pm

I am experiencing same problem, mine has been two weeks already since I proved my Identity. Still I can't find my place on the queue, it kinda frustrating though.

finblack

Post by finblack » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I just want to drop an update about my citizenship application. I got a positive decision after 19 months of waiting. My country is on the list.

I can now call Finland my home.

I wish you all the best.

Esu

Post by Esu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:00 pm

finblack wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:36 pm
Hi everyone,

I just want to drop an update about my citizenship application. I got a positive decision after 19 months of waiting. My country is on the list.

I can now call Finland my home.

I wish you all the best.
Congrats bro! Can you please tell what was your position on the queue before getting the decision? Did they ask for any further information? Were you at any point in the processing stage?