Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mesim

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by mesim » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:05 pm

enitan2002 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:34 pm
mesim wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:42 pm
enitan2002 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Sorry to say, yes it does have an effect on it. Some other factors can also be considered, how much was the fine? How long did it happen? Have you been fined afterwards for any other misdemeanor or little offence. But, never say never.
Let's say the case is just one speeding ticket happened recently, never repeated in any other form. Fine was around 150 euros.

Does your idea mean that everyone who has received citizenship has not been fined whatsoever? This doesn't make sense to me. These sort of petty fines can happen to anyone who owns a car.

Of course I can understand it when someone repeats the violation for several times or fails to pay fine, or for some serious violations like driving while intoxicated. But come on, speeding ticket?!

Please other guys share if you have experience or knowledge.
Yes, that is the point of doing diligent checks on every applicant for citizenship. You've got to have a total clean slate of record to stand a chance. If I were you, I'd allow migri takes all the time in the world before they decide on the application. Don't send them any emails if the waiting period for you might be considered getting longer, then hope for the best.
Here please what Migri says in its website.
https://migri.fi/en/integrity
"Integrity means that you have not committed any punishable act and that no restraining order has been issued against you. However, offences for which you have been punished by petty fines do not prevent you from becoming a Finnish citizen".
As far as I know, a speeding ticket is petty fine if you do not go 20 km/h or more over the limit. Am I right?
If that's the case, a minor fine like this should be easily ignored.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:31 pm

enitan2002 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:26 pm
Yes petty fines from not buying your bus tickets (Hsl conductors) but not the fines from overspeeding (it seems you have no idea how this is taken by the authorities). But if you think this won't affect, why put it across to readers. Like I said earlier, wait your application or and see the decision. But I wish you all the best and a positive response.
Overspending has caused some of my friends their permanent residence and citizenship applications =negative decisions. They treat Overspending as crime issue. We need to be careful when driving.

manamak

Post by manamak » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:38 pm

how much have they over limit? Did they have their driving license suspended?

Vicerg

Post by Vicerg » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:21 pm

Was your speed ticket caused by speed camera flash or you were stopped by the police and issued the fine?

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm

I had conditional imprisonment 75 say prison.
It has been happened long time ago.
I have applied citizenship application 9.05.2021
I am waiting problem negative decision but never know ,the case about like between me and Kela . Over paid Kale

(1. Fraud 03.03.2015 - 16.04.2016 Criminal Code Chapter 36 Section 1

Imprisonment Offenses attributed 1 /. 75 days imprisonment Imprisonment is conditional. The probationary period ends on 30.4.2017 A suspended sentence may be imposed if, during the probationary period, the sentenced person commits an offense for which he is sentenced to absolute imprisonment and prosecuted within one year of the end of the probationary period.

The decision will be how over negative,Onyl the problem up to them .

Just waiting…..

blackotoyo

Post by blackotoyo » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:12 pm

My opinion fraud cases are always taken serious especially where government money is misused anyway if it was just about kela overpaying you some benefits its not as bad maybe make an agreement how you,ll pay back the excess money that was paid to you by kela

mesim

Post by mesim » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Vicerg wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:21 pm
Was your speed ticket caused by speed camera flash or you were stopped by the police and issued the fine?
My case was that it was recorded by camera. Around 10 km/h overspeeding. Here in a very old article by MTV, explains some cases whose application was denied because of crimes.
https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/tal ... #gs.3aesne
These cases are extremely serious violations of law, not like an overspeeding. But, we never know what's considered serious violations by Migri. I do hope they will not reject someone like me who's been doing great in the country but just drove slightly over the limits mistakenly.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:51 pm

mesim wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:20 pm
Vicerg wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:21 pm
My case was that it was recorded by camera. Around 10 km/h overspeeding. Here in a very old article by MTV, explains some cases whose application was denied because of crimes.
https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/tal ... #gs.3aesne
These cases are extremely serious violations of law, not like an overspeeding. But, we never know what's considered serious violations by Migri. I do hope they will not reject someone like me who's been doing great in the country but just drove slightly over the limits mistakenly.
Seems unlikely that you would get denied over this.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:36 pm

enitan2002 wrote:
Yes petty fines from not buying your bus tickets (Hsl conductors) but not the fines from overspeeding (it seems you have no idea how this is taken by the authorities). But if you think this won't affect, why put it across to readers. Like I said earlier, wait your application or and see the decision. But I wish you all the best and a positive response.
The legislation was changed recently to convert smaller speeding cases from the criminal code to administrative penalties. The latter are much less relevant for citizenship (as long as one pays them). Inspection fees from HSL are not fines (sakko) either.

mesim

Post by mesim » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:05 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:36 pm
enitan2002 wrote:
The legislation was changed recently to convert smaller speeding cases from the criminal code to administrative penalties. The latter are much less relevant for citizenship (as long as one pays them). Inspection fees from HSL are not fines (sakko) either.
Thank you for your clarification. I have also encountered an article proving you right. Pleae see below.

https://lakineuvo.fi/liikennerikos-ylin ... skaytanto/

As far as I understood, this says the speeding ticket (if they are not extreme cases) are not considered fines (FI: RIKESAKKO) but traffic mistakes (FI: LIIKENNEVIRHE). Did I understand correctly?

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:33 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
enitan2002 wrote:
Good that,they had that kind of changes because it has really caused a lot of people their permanent residence and citizenship.

blackotoyo

Post by blackotoyo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:23 am

Does Kamu chatbot work anymore? have anyone used it recently or was it deactivated due to huge backlog of work to process.
It only worked once for me two months ago and it was 3500 citizenship applications before me.

postit55

Post by postit55 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:15 am

mesim wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:05 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
enitan2002 wrote:
Thank you for your clarification. I have also encountered an article proving you right. Pleae see below.

As far as I understood, this says the speeding ticket (if they are not extreme cases) are not considered fines (FI: RIKESAKKO) but traffic mistakes (FI: LIIKENNEVIRHE). Did I understand correctly?
I think you're correct.

My understanding was that speeding less than 20kmh over the limit is classed as a "traffic penalty fee" (liikennevirhemaksu). According to Traficom ( https://www.traficom.fi/en/transport/r ... alty-fees ) "The traffic penalty fee is not a fine but an administrative sanction" (Liikennevirhemaksu ei ole sakko, vaan hallinnollinen sanktio).

I got one some years ago, it still appears on my driving license page on Traficom's services, but it doesn't seem to have had any influence on my citizenship application.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:41 am

mesim wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:05 pm
betelgeuse wrote:

Fines translate to sakko. There’s also daily fines (päiväsakko). The gist is correct though.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:51 am

blackotoyo wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:12 pm
My opinion fraud cases are always taken serious especially where government money is misused anyway if it was just about kela overpaying you some benefits its not as bad maybe make an agreement how you,ll pay back the excess money that was paid to you by kela
I have payment plan .I am still paying a small amount every month. I don’t have any other offense . last crime happened 2017