Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
betelgeuse

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:32 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:17 pm
I was wondering whether I should apply as a jobseeker at TE-office as I was just recently laid off because of the government’s restrictions on restaurants. Last March I received unemployment benefits from PAM but I was wondering whether migri considered those benefits to be enough for income. I have already sent and paid for my application but won’t be visiting migri until few more weeks and I’m worry that registering as a jobseeker/ receiving benefits would affect my application negatively.
There is no problem with benefits for citizenship purposes.

https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-applica ... of-support

The main purpose of that information is to provide evidence for the other requirements.

"Toimeentulolähteen selvittäminen olisi tärkeää, jotta pystyttäisiin arvioimaan, täyttääkö hakija 1 momentin muut edellytykset. Jos esimerkiksi hakija saisi toimeentulonsa lainvastaisen toiminnan perusteella, hän ei täyttäisi nuhteettomuusedellytystä. Toimeentulolähteen selvittäminen olisi tärkeää myös asumisajan täyttymisen selvittämisen kannalta."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/esitykset/he/2002/20020235

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:51 pm

mesim wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:07 am
My application moved today to stage 2 (Applied on 10.11.2020, queue number 2937). During this 3.5 months, I have not sent any extra documents such as my payslips. Do you recommend me to do so or just wait to see whether they would ask for further documents or not? any suggestion would be appreciated.
Great! Hope you get the good news soon. By the way, is your country on the migri country list?

krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:09 pm

SMUN wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:51 pm
Great! Hope you get the good news soon. By the way, is your country on the migri country list?
where is this country list ?

Momomamo

Post by Momomamo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:31 am

Is there anyone else waiting for 16 months like me? :beamer:

maskara

Post by maskara » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 am

Momomamo wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:31 am

It’s very frustrating. Mine is 11 month now and I’m expecting decision next week.

annie333

Post by annie333 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:58 am

maskara wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 am
Momomamo wrote:

It’s very frustrating. Mine is 11 month now and I’m expecting decision next week.
I've been waiting for more than 12 months :(
Has any of you contact them? What have they said? in which stage are you and since when? I'm in stage 2 for more than a month. My country is not on the list.

I wrote them an email to ask about a new processing time and they haven't even answered. It's so frustrating. They say you cannot call them to ask about your application but they don't answer the emails either... It's so frustrating. I waited one year to send that email and I got nothing.

maskara

Post by maskara » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:11 pm

annie333 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:58 am
maskara wrote:
Momomamo wrote:

Has any of you contact them? What have they said? in which stage are you and since when? I'm in stage 2 for more than a month. My country is not on the list.

I wrote them an email to ask about a new processing time and they haven't even answered. It's so frustrating. They say you cannot call them to ask about your application but they don't answer the emails either... It's so frustrating. I waited one year to send that email and I got nothing.
I sent them emails every now and then and always got a reply max in 1 day. It’s weird they didn’t answer yours. In my last email, they said that there are few people in front of me. So I would get decision in 2-3 weeks. Also they said as I have sent all my income slips every month and travels etc, when they start processing, it will be fast and easy. They also thanked me for that.Applied in March 2020. Country not in Migri’s list.

annie333

Post by annie333 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm

maskara wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:11 pm
annie333 wrote:
maskara wrote:

I sent them emails every now and then and always got a reply max in 1 day. It’s weird they didn’t answer yours. In my last email, they said that there are few people in front of me. So I would get decision in 2-3 weeks. Also they said as I have sent all my income slips every month and travels etc, when they start processing, it will be fast and easy. They also thanked me for that.Applied in March 2020. Country not in Migri’s list.

Ok! so that sounds pretty good. To which address do you write? is it [email protected]? Thanks for the reply. I will send another email, even though they said not to... Good luck! I hope you get it in those 2-3 weeks.

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:25 pm

krapulassa wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:09 pm
SMUN wrote:
where is this country list ?
"On its own, a passport from one of the following countries is not enough to determine a person’s identity; instead the Finnish Immigration Service needs to perform more investigations: Afghanistan, Iraq, Gambia, Ghana, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia and Syria.

The reliability of a passport in the establishment of identity may be deteriorated by deficient personal data registers or corruption in the country granting the passport, for instance.

As reliable establishment of identity requires more investigations, the expected processing time is longer. You should always present your passport, however, as it will speed up the processing of your application compared to you not presenting any identity document."

read more at:
https://migri.fi/en/establishment-of-identity

maskara

Post by maskara » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:39 pm

annie333 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm
maskara wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:11 pm
annie333 wrote:

Ok! so that sounds pretty good. To which address do you write? is it [email protected]? Thanks for the reply. I will send another email, even though they said not to... Good luck! I hope you get it in those 2-3 weeks.

Yes to that address. I suggest you to write in Finnish. Will make a big difference :))
Thanks.

maskara

Post by maskara » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:43 pm

I have a question now :).

When they say having lived in Finland, does that mean you have a residence permit and an address or having only residence permit is enough? Coz I just checked the population system and it shows that first year I haven’t changed my address to a Finnish one even though I was living in Finland (it shows my foreign address). I was in student apartment and they have my records and the address I was living but wasn’t on population system. I registered my address only after 1 year but I was getting posts etc meanwhile. Does anyone have an idea about that? Would that be an issue for my residency time?

Thanks.

mesim

Post by mesim » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:48 am

SMUN wrote:
mesim wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:07 am
My application moved today to stage 2 (Applied on 10.11.2020, queue number 2937). During this 3.5 months, I have not sent any extra documents such as my payslips. Do you recommend me to do so or just wait to see whether they would ask for further documents or not? any suggestion would be appreciated.
My country is not in the Migri's list. I was still surprised to see my application moved to stage 2 in 3.5 months. Yet, it's possible that the stage 2 takes long, according to some of the recent experiences. Wish me luck!
Last edited by mesim on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 am

maskara wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:43 pm
I have a question now :).

When they say having lived in Finland, does that mean you have a residence permit and an address or having only residence permit is enough? Coz I just checked the population system and it shows that first year I haven’t changed my address to a Finnish one even though I was living in Finland (it shows my foreign address). I was in student apartment and they have my records and the address I was living but wasn’t on population system. I registered my address only after 1 year but I was getting posts etc meanwhile. Does anyone have an idea about that? Would that be an issue for my residency time?
” If you observe an error in your personal data, contact the Digital and Population Data Services Agency,where the error can be corrected.” https://dvv.fi/en/pis-privacy-statement

Alexithymia_again

Post by Alexithymia_again » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Momomamo wrote:
16 months, 18 days!

Jbesson

Post by Jbesson » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:58 pm

annie333 wrote:
maskara wrote:
Momomamo wrote:

Has any of you applied for extended RP or pysyvä during your citizenship application? As lady explained to me in the interview, if your RP expires during the application, you have to apply for the new one and the processing time of RP application will put your citizenship application processing on hold... so that could be one of the reason for the delay in case you applied for an extended RP.