Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
maskara

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by maskara » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:56 pm

parrraxitamoan wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:29 pm
maskara wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:47 pm
Jbesson wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:53 am
Yesterday my friend from the country not on the list got his citizenship 🎉 He applied in mid Novemeber 2020 and his queue was around 3000.
Interesting ( as well as unfair lol ).
I think as the Russian community in Finland is the biggest, Migri might have more personnels specialized in processing applications of Russian origin and as a result their documents will progress quicker
The thing is that, when I contacted migri several times, they made it clear that there are 2 queues only. 1 basically for refugees and asylum seekers and other for the rest of the applicants. And also stage 1 (waiting for processing) means nobody has touched your application since you proved your identity. This is also something that migri told me. If applications were waiting or taking long on stage 2, then it is understandable that some applications might take long some might take short. But if somebody applying in November 2020 and get decision in 3-4 months but others who are still in stage 1 waiting for more than a year isn’t something understandable. What is it making migri to start processing that person’s application while others are waiting their files be checked?

I see no logic in what they do. They either lie about processing or there is something else. Because according to the law, criterias are obvious and when you meet the criterias then you can apply for citizenship. In that case everyone is equal, regardless of being Russian or Chinese. I get it when they say approving identity for some countries are difficult but again according to the law, it has to be first come first serve. Migri is lying about Kamu queue number as well. I’m sure if a lawyer looks into this, migri can have some problems waiting for them.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jbesson

Post by Jbesson » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:42 pm

Check out the comment of petback-125 from the last year forum (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99023&start=315 , page 22, starts with “I personally work as a social worker”), who claims to be having an insight on how Migri citizenship processing works, maybe it will give you some idea 🤷🏼‍♀️

I quite agree that it sometimes looks unfair, but I think every case is individual and also much depends on the personnel handling it. My Turkish friend last year got stuck on the 2nd stage for half a year and when they granted him the citizenship, they explained that it got delayed because person who handled his application got transferred to another dept. due to covid matters.

And I don’t think that if your application is in first stage that means that nobody has checked it... A lot of guys in these forums wrote that their status changed from 1 to 3 in one moment.

Jbesson

Post by Jbesson » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:53 pm

parrraxitamoan wrote:
maskara wrote:
Jbesson wrote:
Yesterday my friend from the country not on the list got his citizenship 🎉 He applied in mid Novemeber 2020 and his queue was around 3000.
I think as the Russian community in Finland is the biggest, Migri might have more personnels specialized in processing applications of Russian origin and as a result their documents will progress quicker
For a matter of fact that person is not from Russia. And I have Russian friends, who waited for half a year and more for their decisions, so it doesn’t make much sense 😅. Even though you do have a good point, I would assume the same that since there are so many Russian applications, a certain routine must have been established... but... everyone’s background is different, so it still remains a mystery :)

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Interesting to know this. Thanks for this info
mdn wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:06 pm
SCHOOLDROPOUT wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:35 am
Online submission: 29/12/2020
Visit to Migri: 30/12/2020
Could you answer what is your queue number by Kamu? (chat bot, available both in migri.fi and enterfinland.fi, you have to send word "queue" to him and choose in his replies "what is your place in the queue" or something like that)

Esu

Post by Esu » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:30 am

The claim that there are 2 queues is a big lie from the pit of hell. I didn’t come to Finland as a refugee neither as an asylum seeker, I came here as a student and my application is almost 14 months now, and still in the first stage.

Secondly, the claim by the person who claims to be a social worker is also false in my opinion. Yes some people falsified their age so as to get asylum, that could take a while to verify such identities, but people who came as students have their identities verified before they left their countries, I provided my birth certificate, all educational certificates from primary school to college (polytechnic equivalent), which all carry the same name, DOB, and all other informations. Is it possible to falsify all those documents and still get a residence permit? Finnish embassy in my country have local organizations who help them verify the informations in my country. Where is the logic here? Remember the same application used to take 6 months before irrespective of whether your country is on the list or not. Finland isn’t the only country who grants citizenship to foreigners.

mani121

Post by mani121 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 am

Esu wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:30 am
The claim that there are 2 queues is a big lie from the pit of hell. I didn’t come to Finland as a refugee neither as an asylum seeker, I came here as a student and my application is almost 14 months now, and still in the first stage.

Secondly, the claim by the person who claims to be a social worker is also false in my opinion. Yes some people falsified their age so as to get asylum, that could take a while to verify such identities, but people who came as students have their identities verified before they left their countries, I provided my birth certificate, all educational certificates from primary school to college (polytechnic equivalent), which all carry the same name, DOB, and all other informations. Is it possible to falsify all those documents and still get a residence permit? Finnish embassy in my country have local organizations who help them verify the informations in my country. Where is the logic here? Remember the same application used to take 6 months before irrespective of whether your country is on the list or not. Finland isn’t the only country who grants citizenship to foreigners.
I agree, they are bluntly lying about these ONLY 2 queues and also queue number is nothing but a lie. Maybe we all, if possible, should write to the higher authorities about this. Some people are getting it in 3 to 3.5 months while some are in the queue for years. What kind of performance is it? Maybe people are just sitting back and watching what happens is making Migri more and more worse every coming year. Still when they have apparently reduced the processing time to 5-7 months it isn't making any change.

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:00 pm

Jbesson wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:42 pm
Check out the comment of petback-125 from the last year forum (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99023&start=315 , page 22, starts with “I personally work as a social worker”), who claims to be having an insight on how Migri citizenship processing works, maybe it will give you some idea 🤷🏼‍♀️

I quite agree that it sometimes looks unfair, but I think every case is individual and also much depends on the personnel handling it. My Turkish friend last year got stuck on the 2nd stage for half a year and when they granted him the citizenship, they explained that it got delayed because person who handled his application got transferred to another dept. due to covid matters.

And I don’t think that if your application is in first stage that means that nobody has checked it... A lot of guys in these forums wrote that their status changed from 1 to 3 in one moment.
That guy is not trustworthy. I can guarantee you that. Also as I mentioned, it was migri who told me that when your application is on stage 1, it means nobody touched and it’s just waiting there to be processed. If it’s not the case then they lie lol.

mdn

Post by mdn » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:19 pm

That guy is not trustworthy. I can guarantee you that. Also as I mentioned, it was migri who told me that when your application is on stage 1, it means nobody touched and it’s just waiting there to be processed. If it’s not the case then they lie lol.
You have a really positive point of view, I really like your point.

Of course "nobody touched and and it’s just waiting there to be processed". Also it means that there are really multiple liars on this forum who said that they got a decision on the same day when they got stage 2 - which is clearly impossible - it is impossible even to check provided papers during that day, for some of them it might take months.

But it does not matter, of course you are right.

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:26 pm

mdn wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:19 pm
You have a really positive point of view, I really like your point.

Of course "nobody touched and and it’s just waiting there to be processed". Also it means that there are really multiple liars on this forum who said that they got a decision on the same day when they got stage 2 - which is clearly impossible - it is impossible even to check provided papers during that day, for some of them it might take months.

But it does not matter, of course you are right.
Sorry, I don’t understand why you got triggered. I don’t care in how many days people are claiming that they get decision or stage 2. When I sent email to Migri, they answered as when application is in stage 1, it’s not yet been touched or reviewed. It’s in the queue. Now if you have some problems about that, please feel free to send them message. I didn’t even say anything like people cannot get decision same day. Reviewing an application is already a simple process. Your papers are been checked carefully when you approve your identity when you apply. So, there is no reason that stage 2 takes long unless there is something important and needs to be checked.

So if you are working in migri, then let us know. If you don’t , then save your sarcasm, because your aren’t good at it. :ochesey:

mdn

Post by mdn » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:48 pm

I didn’t even say anything like people cannot get decision same day. Reviewing an application is already a simple process. Your papers are been checked carefully when you approve your identity when you apply.
Sorry can I ask you - have you ever been on that "identity approval"?..
If you would be there you would know that they do not check anything except your passport. Every other "paper" is only paper which is provided, and the only check which is done - that copy is the same, that's all.
So if you are working in migri, then let us know. If you don’t , then save your sarcasm, because your aren’t good at it.
I see it is useless try to help you, so just my last 2 cents before "ignore":
1) Call yourself "me", not "us".
2) As you unluckly do not understand a lot - you could start to improve reading skills, as you have been pointed multiple times.

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:15 pm

mdn wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:48 pm
I didn’t even say anything like people cannot get decision same day. Reviewing an application is already a simple process. Your papers are been checked carefully when you approve your identity when you apply.
Sorry can I ask you - have you ever been on that "identity approval"?..
If you would be there you would know that they do not check anything except your passport. Every other "paper" is only paper which is provided, and the only check which is done - that copy is the same, that's all.
So if you are working in migri, then let us know. If you don’t , then save your sarcasm, because your aren’t good at it.
I see it is useless try to help you, so just my last 2 cents before "ignore":
1) Call yourself "me", not "us".
2) As you unluckly do not understand a lot - you could start to improve reading skills, as you have been pointed multiple times.
Apparently I stepped on your tail. Keep barking. 😬

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:21 pm

Tbh I am not coming to this forum anymore. This kind of retard people are just ruining it. This mdn and petbek is same person. Lying to say he is Egyptian, social workers etc. He is just here to defend migri and who claims things about migri will be his target. Instead of talking about the situation, he prefers to harass people.

I wish you all good luck and hope you will get good news. Don’t listen his kind of retards. He is here for migri.

Peace out. ✌🏻

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:52 pm

parrraxitamoan wrote:
maskara wrote:
Jbesson wrote:
There is a service in migri responsible for collecting info regarding each country. The service is called maatietopalvelu and the info in that service affects the credibility of all the documents issued in the so called "country of origin".
https://migri.fi/maatietopalvelu

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:02 pm

Jbesson wrote:

Let me just correct you I do NOT get any inside info from migri. I just happened to be lawyer in my home country with master from here in finland in international law (including international refugee law), and working as "sosiaalialan ohjaaja" in Helsinki. That all gives me a bit of perspective that´s all. I myself inquire about my application by calling them and I´ve been waiting for 5 and a half months like anybody else.
Migri has written on their own website that we do not process any other info before the identity processing. "Maahanmuuttovirasto ei tutki muita kansalaisuuden saamisen edellytyksiä ennen kuin hakijan henkilöllisyys on selvitetty."
and here is the link of it
https://migri.fi/henkilollisyyden-selvittaminen

I also have read a negative decision that one of the customers at my work got, and it was written in it that "as the identity could not be proved due to contradicting info given by the applicant, Migri does not have to continue with processing the application or any other documents ". The customer had provided contradicting info regarding his date of birth.
This all proves that the identity proving is the absolute first thing that happens with the application before any further processing.

As for the queue thing. Migri is not lying there r 2 lines one is shorter than the other. I happen to be at the short line, where there r less than 1700 persons at the date on which i visited the service point. I never seen the 3000 queue number. And i have never been refugee I came as student, so no its not one for all and the other is for refugees, like some say in the forum.
The queue number however does not mean anything since migri according to their own statement "does not process the application necessarily in the order of queue", because the process might go so fast for someone while lasts long for another.

How long have you been waiting?

Jbesson

Post by Jbesson » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:10 pm

petbek-125 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:02 pm
Jbesson wrote:

Let me just correct you I do NOT get any inside info from migri. I just happened to be lawyer in my home country with master from here in finland in international law (including international refugee law), and working as "sosiaalialan ohjaaja" in Helsinki. That all gives me a bit of perspective that´s all. I myself inquire about my application by calling them and I´ve been waiting for 5 and a half months like anybody else.
Migri has written on their own website that we do not process any other info before the identity processing. "Maahanmuuttovirasto ei tutki muita kansalaisuuden saamisen edellytyksiä ennen kuin hakijan henkilöllisyys on selvitetty."
and here is the link of it
https://migri.fi/henkilollisyyden-selvittaminen

I also have read a negative decision that one of the customers at my work got, and it was written in it that "as the identity could not be proved due to contradicting info given by the applicant, Migri does not have to continue with processing the application or any other documents ". The customer had provided contradicting info regarding his date of birth.
This all proves that the identity proving is the absolute first thing that happens with the application before any further processing.

As for the queue thing. Migri is not lying there r 2 lines one is shorter than the other. I happen to be at the short line, where there r less than 1700 persons at the date on which i visited the service point. I never seen the 3000 queue number. And i have never been refugee I came as student, so no its not one for all and the other is for refugees, like some say in the forum.
The queue number however does not mean anything since migri according to their own statement "does not process the application necessarily in the order of queue", because the process might go so fast for someone while lasts long for another.

How long have you been waiting?
Hi there and thanks for your follow up on this and your very interesting comments! It’s good to hear this kind of info from somebody who understands the law and has had some experience including both personal and non-personal ones. Somehow I never saw that article about identity, not that I’m worried about mine but perhaps it would be useful to somebody in this forum.

Since there is more than one queue and your own queue number doesn’t mean anything as they could process your application basically at any time, I’m just curious why there is such thing as queue number in general. Maybe for an effect of a surprise since several ppl got their decisions here lately being at around 3000 in the queue (so we don’t hate Migri that much🤣). But on the other hand it is more confusing for the others who had their queue number jump forth and back for months... Not sure how useful is this tool to be honest 😅

I’m waiting for a little bit more than 3 months, so nothing dramatic. I’m just hoping to get the decision soonest since my RP expires in the end of April and I don’t want to pay almost 300 for the extended RP if it’s gonna last few more months or even weeks...