Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Jbesson

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by Jbesson » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:31 pm

mesim wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:14 pm
I got a very short message from Migri stating that I have not met the minimum 4 years residence time yet and by mid August, I will meet this condition. But, my application did to change and stayed in stage 2 and I did not even receive supplemental request. I am now very stressed to death. Do you think my application would be kept pending until I meet the condition or I might get rejected? I appreciate any experience and/or opinion regarding my issue.
I think you don’t need to worry! There was just a recent post from Annie333 who got applied a year before meeting her residence time condition (without knowing) and received her decision the day she met it! So in your case you already know when you will receive it and no need to stress until then :)

But just a question, did you know that you didn’t meet the time condition? Or was it a mistake in calculation? Good luck to you! At least some progress :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jbesson

Post by Jbesson » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:33 pm

letseatpizza wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 pm
Does it make sense to register for an appointment first and then submit an application? I am nervous I might not be able to find a slot after submitting my application...been checking this entire week and everything is fully booked everywhere. Anyone got any idea when they publish the slots for the next available week?
They update those every day and you can find new open slops three months in advance. Try other cities as well - it doesn’t matter where you apply.

mesim

Post by mesim » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:50 pm

Jbesson wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:31 pm
mesim wrote:
I got a very short message from Migri stating that I have not met the minimum 4 years residence time yet and by mid August, I will meet this condition. But, my application did to change and stayed in stage 2 and I did not even receive supplemental request. I am now very stressed to death. Do you think my application would be kept pending until I meet the condition or I might get rejected? I appreciate any experience and/or opinion regarding my issue.
I think you don’t need to worry! There was just a recent post from Annie333 who got applied a year before meeting her residence time condition (without knowing) and received her decision the day she met it! So in your case you already know when you will receive it and no need to stress until then :)

But just a question, did you know that you didn’t meet the time condition? Or was it a mistake in calculation? Good luck to you! At least some progress :)
I intentionally applied in advance. Because I was expecting 8-10 months of process. I hope I get my decision when I meet the requirement similar to Annie333.

maskara

Post by maskara » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:59 pm

mesim wrote:

Hey, may I ask when did you apply? And how did you get that message? You sent them email and they answered like that or they sent a message directly? Also is your application now in stage 2 and pending or stage 1?

Thanks.

maskara

Post by maskara » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:22 pm

I have a question!

Do you guys think that people who have got RP based on family ties (married to a Finn) get citizenship decision way longer than others?

Because when you get RP based on family ties, you don’t need to be a qualified worker, or have a job. You may be getting kela support as it won’t effect your RP.

I was thinking maybe Migri is delaying these people and taking their processing later than other applicants. Or they have a separate queue for these people. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

BomjaraSedoi

Post by BomjaraSedoi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:40 pm

maskara wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:22 pm
I have a question!

Do you guys think that people who have got RP based on family ties (married to a Finn) get citizenship decision way longer than others?

Because when you get RP based on family ties, you don’t need to be a qualified worker, or have a job. You may be getting kela support as it won’t effect your RP.

I was thinking maybe Migri is delaying these people and taking their processing later than other applicants. Or they have a separate queue for these people. Please share your thoughts and experiences.
What’s your citizenship? Maybe it depends of citizenship?

maskara

Post by maskara » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:07 pm

BomjaraSedoi wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:40 pm
maskara wrote:
I have a question!

Europe

BomjaraSedoi

Post by BomjaraSedoi » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:13 pm

maskara wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:07 pm
BomjaraSedoi wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:40 pm
maskara wrote:
I have a question!

Europe
That’s strange... I don’t understand why someone else get a dicision on 3-6 month, why without a que?
I’m european too, and i’m waiting 19 month...unbelievable

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:14 pm

maskara wrote:

maskara wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:16 pm

Apparently asian housewives with full kela support and no job get decision in 2 months.

My hypothesis is that since you are European, it is much harder to trace and track your period of stay. You can enter and exit without visas or residence permit as well as stay longer in other (EU) countries without being noticed. So verifying your residence period takes longer time.

And since you enjoy most benefits like other Finns, (maybe except voting rights) they don't have any hurry to speed up your application.

Just a theory

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:31 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:14 pm
My hypothesis is that since you are European, it is much harder to trace and track your period of stay. You can enter and exit without visas or residence permit as well as stay longer in other (EU) countries without being noticed. So verifying your residence period takes longer time.
Since entry and exit is not recorded, I don’t see what they could spend their time on checking. They basically just have to trust the declaration about travels.

maskara

Post by maskara » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:05 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:14 pm
maskara wrote:

maskara wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:16 pm

Apparently asian housewives with full kela support and no job get decision in 2 months.

And since you enjoy most benefits like other Finns, (maybe except voting rights) they don't have any hurry to speed up your application.

Just a theory
The thing is that, my application is still in stage 1 which means they didn’t even check my application. If it was in processing stage, it would be. Also I don’t want them to speed up my processing, I just want it to be fair as I have been waiting longer than expected time.

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:31 pm
[quote=akuno_hime_1412 post_id=594464 time=<a href="tel:1616865241">1616865241</a> user_id=50394]
Since entry and exit is not recorded, I don’t see what they could spend their time on checking. They basically just have to trust the declaration about travels.
[/quote]

Exactly, even if they check, how will they know my residency time? No passport stamps or anything else issued in Schengen. So I suppose that is not the reason of delay.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:34 am

mesim wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:50 pm

I intentionally applied in advance. Because I was expecting 8-10 months of process. I hope I get my decision when I meet the requirement similar to Annie333.
How many months before 4 years did you apply? Did you already have yki test result at the time of application or you sent it sometime later?

maskara

Post by maskara » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:36 am

Maaria wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:34 am
mesim wrote:

How many months before 4 years did you apply? Did you already have yki test result at the time of application or you sent it sometime later?

You cannot apply if you dont have YKI test result. All documents required for application has to be ready and presented.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 pm

maskara wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:36 am
Maaria wrote:
mesim wrote:

You cannot apply if you dont have YKI test result. All documents required for application has to be ready and presented.
But then doesn't the same apply to 4 years requirement?

maskara

Post by maskara » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:37 pm

Maaria wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 pm
maskara wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:36 am
Maaria wrote:

But then doesn't the same apply to 4 years requirement?
Processing time is 5-19 months now. So you can easily apply 5 months before your 4 years residency. I don’t think they will accept 1-2 years application before 4 years requirement but 5-6 months ok.