Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
vilpi

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by vilpi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:50 am

Hi everyone.
I passed the Swedish exam, I applied online and I'm going to visit Migri in Helsinki next week.
My question is, I'm not very good at the Swedish language and I'm concerned about how it will go in there while the agent tries to talk to me about my application. I'm not sure if I will understand him/her. Does it have any effect on my application?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

alexilaiho

Post by alexilaiho » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:54 am

vilpi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:50 am
Hi everyone.
I passed the Swedish exam, I applied online and I'm going to visit Migri in Helsinki next week.
My question is, I'm not very good at the Swedish language and I'm concerned about how it will go in there while the agent tries to talk to me about my application. I'm not sure if I will understand him/her. Does it have any effect on my application?
Personally. I don't think it will matter.

tchecker221

Post by tchecker221 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 pm

vilpi wrote:
Hi everyone.
better practices your basic oral communications skills In Swedish. Myself I only communicated there in Finnish ( easier because I use to do so in daily life).
It is not good to say you have Swedish certificate and only communicate in English for a simple chat ( it can be use as a reason to further investigate your application and therefore delay it).
However, I also guess people there do not master Swedish very well.

Mrpotatis

Post by Mrpotatis » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:50 pm

vilpi wrote:
Hi everyone.
Most likely there will be way soo little communication in the visit, anyway I can assure you that anyone who passed yki test have more than enough language skills to deal with this one visit even if you are not so confident with your language (the nature of the visit/interview requires only basic stuff)

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:01 pm

Mrpotatis wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:50 pm
vilpi wrote:
Hi everyone.
Most likely there will be way soo little communication in the visit, anyway I can assure you that anyone who passed yki test have more than enough language skills to deal with this one visit even if you are not so confident with your language (the nature of the visit/interview requires only basic stuff)
it depends on the situation there, the ability to answer the questions asked from you , If the officer is not satisfied, they can also put you on a language test.

Nicole T

Post by Nicole T » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 pm

I just wanted to ask if anyone know why the queuing number is just increasing all the time insteads of declining. I tracked my application and it just went up from 6736 to 6759. So weird.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 am

Asking for a friend.
Any experience regarding registering as a jobseeker and receiving benefits/ unemployment support while waiting for citizenship application decision? Does notifying TE-toimisto about the employment situation affects Migri’s decision making? This person does not have family ties nor asylum seeker’s based residence permit, only work based residence permit.

LaFino

Post by LaFino » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:27 am

Nicole T wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 pm
I just wanted to ask if anyone know why the queuing number is just increasing all the time insteads of declining. I tracked my application and it just went up from 6736 to 6759. So weird.
Can´t say for sure, but my best guess is that you get thrown into a line when you make the application. Once you go to migri for the appointment, your application is "active" but your place in line is the same, it just starts showing. If you go to migri soon, those ppl who made the application before you but hadnt been to migri will start to be inserted in their place when their application gets active and that's why your number grows at first. There was ppl before you whose application was waiting to become active. I went to migri the day after my application and I went up a few hundred numbers the first couple months

PasilanKaveri

Post by PasilanKaveri » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:27 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 am
Asking for a friend.
Any experience regarding registering as a jobseeker and receiving benefits/ unemployment support while waiting for citizenship application decision? Does notifying TE-toimisto about the employment situation affects Migri’s decision making? This person does not have family ties nor asylum seeker’s based residence permit, only work based residence permit.
S/he must apply for unemployment benefits if possible, or s/he must get money from friends and family. Migri doesn't care if you work or you get social assistance, for them is ABSOLUTELY important that you don't get money from illegal sources, they want to make sure you are not a criminal.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:48 pm

PasilanKaveri wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:27 pm
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Asking for a friend.
S/he must apply for unemployment benefits if possible, or s/he must get money from friends and family. Migri doesn't care if you work or you get social assistance, for them is ABSOLUTELY important that you don't get money from illegal sources, they want to make sure you are not a criminal.
So I guess own savings isn't a valid means of support?

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:48 pm
PasilanKaveri wrote:
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Asking for a friend.
No body cares about your income or any savings it is just very understandable that how you sporting yourself legally or other way around. It doesn’t effect your citizenship application,it’s changing it must be informed to Migri.They will decide how many months she or he suck the Kela money.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm

Mamu wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
PasilanKaveri wrote:

No body cares about your income or any savings it is just very understandable that how you sporting yourself legally or other way around. It doesn’t effect your citizenship application,it’s changing it must be informed to Migri.They will decide how many months she or he suck the Kela money.
Ah of course, should have asked from an expert in sucking kela money like you Mamu. Give us some updates of your application will you?

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm
Mamu wrote:
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:

Ah of course, should have asked from an expert in sucking kela money like you Mamu. Give us some updates of your application will you?
Having Kela money is not illegal at least you inform the Migri. But people like from Africa Speaking his guilt on behalf of another person is just unbelievable.Say you suck the government money.I happy to pay while your unemployment benefits and I sure you get the citizenship.

SCHOOLDROPOUT

Post by SCHOOLDROPOUT » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Mamu wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 pm
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm
Mamu wrote:
Having Kela money is not illegal at least you inform the Migri. But people like from Africa Speaking his guilt on behalf of another person is just unbelievable.Say you suck the government money.I happy to pay while your unemployment benefits and I sure you get the citizenship.

It's helpful to be kind rather than being obnoxious. Please, let's respect one another on this platform rather than throwing tantrums around

PasilanKaveri

Post by PasilanKaveri » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:29 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Savings are valid. You must explain by word that somehow, to comfort them that it's enough money for you before getting another job, for example.