Shop lifting

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Nima.

Shop lifting

Post by Nima. » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:41 pm

I am writing this on behalf of my friend. She moved to Finland for studies.
She likes cosmetics a lot. A few months ago she has taken some cosmetics items from 2 shops. Last week, one of them caught her and asked for her social security number. They have listed what she has lifted from the shop and asked her to pay 30e. She paid over it.
Now she is so scared and depressed. She doesn't eat, sleep or go out. She promised me (and also to herself) that she will never do it again. Furthermore, she thinks that she will not be able to extend her resident permit. And also she thinks that this shop has given her social security number to another shop, and she will be caught again for her other shop lift which she has done, a few months ago. I don't have any idea how I can convince her. She is so depressed. Anybody knows what will happen to this kind of thing.

Shop lifting

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Shop lifting

Post by tavastia » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:16 pm

What a drama.... First you steel and then you are depressed.... Sorry but what she expected will be? Get some kind of medal or reward? Shop will probably report the incident to police but not much will be done as they don't have resources for so small thefts. If they mark it in criminal record then she may have issues with residence permit.

nimap

Post by nimap » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:32 pm

Nima. wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:41 pm
She likes cosmetics a lot. A few months ago she has taken some cosmetics items from 2 shops. Last week, one of them caught her and asked for her social security number. They have listed what she has lifted from the shop and asked her to pay 30e. She paid over it.
Now she is so scared and depressed. She doesn't eat, sleep or go out. She promised me (and also to herself) that she will never do it again. Furthermore, she thinks that she will not be able to extend her resident permit. And also she thinks that this shop has given her social security number to another shop, and she will be caught again for her other shop lift which she has done, a few months ago. I don't have any idea how I can convince her. She is so depressed. Anybody knows what will happen to this kind of thing.
well, she have been doing that until she was caught? That's sad.

She can ask for mental health counselling if she is depressed. Depression should not be taken lightly, I hope you'll suggest her to see the doctors immediately. Doctors/Nurses in metal health clinics are not there to judge her but help her fight the depression, so feel free to talk to them and explain things without any worry.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:09 am

Nima. wrote:
Action -> Reaction. Decision -> Consequence. Cause -> Effect.
Wonderful equations to live by. Sadly, people are too callous and entitled these days to follow them. Must be excessive pollutant in water or bad semen/egg quality running in the family.

That say, this will stick with her for time being. There's a service (paid obviously, can't shop lift that) to check her record if she's tainted before apply for the permit.
Image Image

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:46 am

Oombongo wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:09 am
Nima. wrote:
Action -> Reaction. Decision -> Consequence. Cause -> Effect.
Wonderful equations to live by. Sadly, people are too callous and entitled these days to follow them. Must be excessive pollutant in water or bad semen/egg quality running in the family.

That say, this will stick with her for time being. There's a service (paid obviously, can't shop lift that) to check her record if she's tainted before apply for the permit.
I don't get it, taking so much risk of not getting a residence permit only for some face paint to make oneself look more f'ckable... must be the eggs (either way).. :D

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:46 am

I don't get it, taking so much risk of not getting a residence permit only for some face paint to make oneself look more f'ckable... must be the eggs (either way).. :D
Show some respect. She might be an instagram model with x number of followers aka orbiters who're ready to fight to defend her honor. Consider yourself lucky if she even looks at you for a few seconds.
Now subscribe to her $9.99 only fans account, or fly her in to Dubai and elsewhere warm if you are loaded with oil and gold. :mrgreen:
Image Image

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Oombongo wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 pm
Show some respect. She might be an instagram model with x number of followers aka orbiters who're ready to fight to defend her honor. Consider yourself lucky if she even looks at you for a few seconds.
Now subscribe to her $9.99 only fans account, or fly her in to Dubai and elsewhere warm if you are loaded with oil and gold. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously than she would be able to pay for it anyway wouldn't she... unless she has a Pimp...eu I mean Manager that takes all her earnings.. :shock:

jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:28 pm

Based on this, I wonder if there is any way for immigrants/expats, one can see his/her record if any -ve is marked on this. For example; any portal by Govt?

Also, I think if anything -ve is done on her record, they would get a letter from Police. If there is no letter from Police then there is nothing to worry!

newborn

Post by newborn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:37 pm

Nima. wrote:
It seems she doesn't do it for her survival, I mean, when a hungry person with no money to buy food or drink shoplifts food, it might be considered as an act of survival ...but then again it is still illegal for whatever reason one does that. Maybe she has been doing this by thinking it is fun until she was caught. On the other hand, she seems also to be a nice enough person to pay after she was caught, to feel guilty, scared thinking about the possible legal consequences, and that is why maybe she is suffering from depression.

Is it possible that maybe your friend is suffering from Kleptomania?

Besides, if she is really suffering from depression, you should talk to her about the health consequences, legal consequences she might face and convince her to visit a doctor for her own good. ...........Good luck.

JUVA

Post by JUVA » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Everyone feels worried or anxious or down from time to time. But relatively few people develop a mental illness. What's the difference? A mental illness is a mental health condition that gets in the way of thinking, relating to others, and day-to-day function.

Dozens of mental illnesses have been identified and defined. They include depression, generalized anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia, and many more.

Mental illness is an equal opportunity issue. It affects young and old, male and female, and individuals of every race, ethnic background, education level, and income level. The good news is that it can often be treated.
Last edited by JUVA on Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:31 pm

JUVA wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:24 pm
If I am one of the 2 shops who caught her, I would take you immediately to jail.
Are you crazy! Did you come here to steal and look beautiful or to study???

Who will look at you when you use these cosmetics?

Just immoral, stupid with the nonsense brain. Let her be deported immediately
:shock:

That would be discrimination based on stupidity... and then illegal... and who else is going to clean your toilet later when you are getting altzheimer symptoms? Much more will not be available to her anyway..
https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/brai ... d/11779404

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Nima. wrote:
depressed. Anybody knows what will happen to this kind of thing.
If this incident isn't reported to police, she is "safe". If police get involved with this, she
would get fine from police too. But it seems, that they didn't. So tell your friend to sleep
in piece and continue life. I really believe, she learned her lessons and that is enough.

And throw to trashcan what other 101% brown tongue law ass lickers here says... pathetic people...
Always ready to convict others, but if they drive overspeed, then they are ready to whine about bad police...

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:10 pm

jarikaija wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:22 pm
And throw to trashcan what other 101% brown tongue law ass lickers here says... pathetic people...
Always ready to convict others, but if they drive overspeed, then they are ready to whine about bad police...
I totally agree with that one, but I would also like to point out, that a speeding ticket (when paid in time), does not prevent you from acquiring or jeopardizing your resident permit application.... so I stand with my remark about the brain thing...you have to admit that this action does not qualify for being elected to smartest person in the world (about moving to Finland, the jury is still out :lol: )

About the law and lickers... it is "supposed" to be generally true that Finns are very "law abiding citizens", the fact that shows this, is the very limited amount of people speeding (at least as I witnessed), the fact that they rat each other out when they did something wrong, especially regarding taxes is another sign of this.
However the amount of people that actually break and stop for a pedestrian crossing (zebra) when a pedestrian wants to cross the street...well you can count those on one hand... :ochesey:

agroot

Post by agroot » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:27 pm

Can she safely consult doctor with that? It sounds like mental illness to me. A family member of mine also had the problem - just once, but it's easy to tell nobody normal would steal worthless things at great risk.