Cheap corona test for travelling

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
zoeker2

Re: Cheap corona test for travelling

Post by zoeker2 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:32 pm

Maaria wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:10 am
zoeker2 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:01 pm
What I intend to do is to book a trip to Tallinn for a day (costs 31 euro) and to have a test done on my return to Helsinki on the ferry. A day and a half later I'd use that same test at the airport. The test costs 39 euro so the total would amount to 70 euro.

I suppose this sounds like an overkill, but on the other hand, getting charged 200 euro for a test without any good reason feels rather... mono/oligopolistic.
Do you know where to take this 39€ test in Tallin? How quickly you can get the result?

Thanks.
My intention was to take the one that they offer on the ferry. But I can see now that they are offering it in both directions (Helsinki - Tallinn and Tallinn - Helsinki) which might mean that it is necessary in both directions (at least if you intend to leave the port area). Also, we are talking about rapid antigen test here, not PCR, that's also why it's cheap. If you live where HUS is available, you can just book an appointment for a test there, this is the easiest.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:38 pm

zoeker2 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:32 pm
Maaria wrote:
zoeker2 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:01 pm
What I intend to do is to book a trip to Tallinn for a day (costs 31 euro) and to have a test done on my return to Helsinki on the ferry. A day and a half later I'd use that same test at the airport. The test costs 39 euro so the total would amount to 70 euro.

I suppose this sounds like an overkill, but on the other hand, getting charged 200 euro for a test without any good reason feels rather... mono/oligopolistic.
Do you know where to take this 39€ test in Tallin? How quickly you can get the result?

Thanks.
My intention was to take the one that they offer on the ferry. But I can see now that they are offering it in both directions (Helsinki - Tallinn and Tallinn - Helsinki) which might mean that it is necessary in both directions (at least if you intend to leave the port area). Also, we are talking about rapid antigen test here, not PCR, that's also why it's cheap. If you live where HUS is available, you can just book an appointment for a test there, this is the easiest.
Rapid antigen is not accepted, right?

zoeker2

Post by zoeker2 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 pm

Maaria wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:38 pm
zoeker2 wrote:
Maaria wrote:

Thanks.
It depends, you need to check the requirements of your destination. Lufthansa accepts rapid antigen taken no more than 48 hours prior to arriving in Germany if it's the right kind, also PCR no more than 72 hours prior to arriving, they also accept vaccination now, at least 14 days after the final dose. It's a big mess at the moment who wants what, most of the times no one actually verifies that the test results are authentic in any way... Your safest bet is a PCR from HUS if you can do that.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:33 am

zoeker2 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 pm
Maaria wrote:
zoeker2 wrote:

It depends, you need to check the requirements of your destination. Lufthansa accepts rapid antigen taken no more than 48 hours prior to arriving in Germany if it's the right kind, also PCR no more than 72 hours prior to arriving, they also accept vaccination now, at least 14 days after the final dose. It's a big mess at the moment who wants what, most of the times no one actually verifies that the test results are authentic in any way... Your safest bet is a PCR from HUS if you can do that.
What do I need for coming back to Finland do you know?

zoeker2

Post by zoeker2 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:52 pm

Maaria wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:33 am
zoeker2 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 pm
Maaria wrote:

Again, it depends:
https://www.finentry.fi/

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:19 pm

Maaria wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:33 am
From where???

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Another one mentioned in a fb group, could be as low as e99.
www.pr2y.fi
Apparently some companies such as finnair give a discount code.

stayceewilson280

Post by stayceewilson280 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Price of the coronavirus test is 198 € (98 € after Kela reimbursement). After the test, you can return home to wait for the results that arrive within 1-3 days to OmaTerveys application. Price of the rapid coronavirus test is 163 € (127 € after Kela reimbursement). After the test, you can return home to wait for the results that arrive within couple of hours to OmaTerveys application.
Everything you need to know about HIPAA compliant texting

riku2

Post by riku2 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:49 pm

inkku wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 pm
Apparently some companies such as finnair give a discount code.
Finnair do them for 65e at their HQ. I got my result about 90mins after taking the test.
Interestingly that page also talks about their testing partnership with Terveystalo where the test costs a lot more and results take a lot longer so perhaps only of interest to those who don't want to visit Finnair HQ.
They have a shop on the ground floor where they sell off the in flight shopping items at a big discount so it was quite fun to visit.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:39 pm

When traveling to Germany and some other countries is possible to do a "self verified test" using some of these services:

https://www.covidtestonline.de/

https://testifly.de/en/

The costs are way less than what you see in Finland.

Info source: https://lufthansa.travel-regulations.com/