Disputing invoice

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Rudi10

Disputing invoice

Post by Rudi10 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:09 pm

Briefly, a Finnish subsid of a German company
Is claiming I have ordered goods and they were delivered. I did not in fact order from them. The E mail used is not mine and the telephone number that was provided is not mine. They state they received payment by Visa (I don't have a Visa) but after the goods were delivered they issued a charge back, or refund. After receiving the demand or reminder which was sent by post I also received a demand for payment of twice the due amount from CreditVisa which I believe is s debt collection agency. I assumed that if it came to it I could just wander into court with all my paperwork. I assumed it would be a small claims court or some such. My wife says that is impossible/unwise and that I MUST either get a lawyer or pay up. The amount outstanding is €200. A lawyer would cost more than that. Can I represent myself if necessary?

Disputing invoice

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Disputing invoice

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am

Rudi10 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:09 pm
Briefly, a Finnish subsid of a German company
Is claiming I have ordered goods and they were delivered. I did not in fact order from them. The E mail used is not mine and the telephone number that was provided is not mine. They state they received payment by Visa (I don't have a Visa) but after the goods were delivered they issued a charge back, or refund. After receiving the demand or reminder which was sent by post I also received a demand for payment of twice the due amount from CreditVisa which I believe is s debt collection agency. I assumed that if it came to it I could just wander into court with all my paperwork. I assumed it would be a small claims court or some such. My wife says that is impossible/unwise and that I MUST either get a lawyer or pay up. The amount outstanding is €200. A lawyer would cost more than that. Can I represent myself if necessary?
Pay up?!? No way! Check if your home insurance has legal expenses insurance included, many do. And do inform the collection agency and the original company that they have wrong person.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Rudi10

Re: Disputing invoice

Post by Rudi10 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:04 pm

@upphew, thanks for that. As it happens they contacted me this morning to say they were no longer collecting the debt. Useful advice about the home insurance though!
It seems there was some sort of eBay scam. I bought some tires from a guy in Spain. I paid and they were delivered. However the seller seems to have arranged delivery directly to me from a German wholesaler. They were paid by Visa, but after delivery then for some reason the wholesaler refunded the payment and was now trying to collect from me. Wierd but I think it's gone away.