seeds!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jimena_jr

seeds!

Post by jimena_jr » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:56 am

Hi!
Does anybody know for sure when they will start selling seeds at Prisma, K-Rauta, Bauhaus etc. in the Helsinki and Vantaa area?
I was here last spring already but I don't remember exactly when it was, and I need some seeds soon as they need to be stratified before planting...
Thanks a lot.

seeds!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: seeds!

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:36 pm

jimena_jr wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:56 am
Hi!
Does anybody know for sure when they will start selling seeds at Prisma, K-Rauta, Bauhaus etc. in the Helsinki and Vantaa area?
I was here last spring already but I don't remember exactly when it was, and I need some seeds soon as they need to be stratified before planting...
Thanks a lot.
You can buy seeds online.
E.g. (first places I came across)
https://www.siemenkauppa.com/
https://www.korpikangassiemen.fi/

I haven't been to hardware stores lately, if they're not selling them, probably it's due to low demand during the winter. Their web stores seem to have a poor selection currently.

jimena_jr

Post by jimena_jr » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:16 pm

Yes, I know those two websites already, but thanks for your reply! I just prefer to get them at the hardware stores because they are almost always nordic seeds and also a bit cheaper.

inkku

Post by inkku » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:10 pm

Last year i saw the first seeds in the shops in the beginning of march. Depends on what seeds you are looking for but Lidl seeds have been of good quality though I believe they are German.

jimena_jr

Post by jimena_jr » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:56 pm

inkku wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:10 pm
Last year i saw the first seeds in the shops in the beginning of march. Depends on what seeds you are looking for but Lidl seeds have been of good quality though I believe they are German.
Beginning of March sounds about right, thank you.