Debt collection?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mionse

Debt collection?

Post by mionse » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:45 am

Hi everyone! I’m an entrepreneur and I bought a phone on Telia store. I signed in a thing called device-as-service contract but the Telia staff didn’t explain that stuff to me. After paying all my installments with interest rates, they told me to pay 360EUR more for the redemption price. What kind of business is this? I’ve bought other things from their store and nothing to complain but this Xsmax costs me a painful price :evil: . I asked customer support but they seemed have no ideas. Then Telia sold my debt to Intrum and the debt collector was sending me collection letter day by day with the amounts that I cannot remember. What should I do to deal with this? Appreciate all the help!

Debt collection?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Debt collection?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 am

mionse wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:45 am
Hi everyone! I’m an entrepreneur and I bought a phone on Telia store. I signed in a thing called device-as-service contract but the Telia staff didn’t explain that stuff to me. After paying all my installments with interest rates, they told me to pay 360EUR more for the redemption price. What kind of business is this? I’ve bought other things from their store and nothing to complain but this Xsmax costs me a painful price :evil: . I asked customer support but they seemed have no ideas. Then Telia sold my debt to Intrum and the debt collector was sending me collection letter day by day with the amounts that I cannot remember. What should I do to deal with this? Appreciate all the help!
That's what "as-a-service" means, you're paying for the service that they offer. I.e. by default you're not buying anything to own, nor paying installments. Similary as with a car lease, the car may be offered to be bought at the end of the lease term, but otherwise you do not own the car, you're just paying a fee for using it.

Pay off the debt before it will end up costing even more. It seems that the possibility of returning the phone is already gone.

In the future, do not sign any contracts you do not understand.

mionse

Post by mionse » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:31 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 am
That's what "as-a-service" means, you're paying for the service that they offer. I.e. by default you're not buying anything to own, nor paying installments. Similary as with a car lease, the car may be offered to be bought at the end of the lease term, but otherwise you do not own the car, you're just paying a fee for using it.

Pay off the debt before it will end up costing even more. It seems that the possibility of returning the phone is already gone.

I used to buy 3 devices at Telia online store before this SCAM xsmax. Everything was paid in installments, nothing happened. Then the 4th time I decided to go to Telia Kamppi store (now permanently closed) and was fooled by the employee there to sign this stupid contract. No one want to buy a service that more expensive than installments. Telia and Intrum support are kicking the ball to each other. Terrible company :? Now Intrum keeps sending me debt collection letter for something Telia related in 9-2020 and I don’t even know what’s that for.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:06 pm

mionse wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:31 am
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 am

I used to buy 3 devices at Telia online store before this SCAM xsmax. Everything was paid in installments, nothing happened. Then the 4th time I decided to go to Telia Kamppi store (now permanently closed) and was fooled by the employee there to sign this stupid contract. No one want to buy a service that more expensive than installments. Telia and Intrum support are kicking the ball to each other. Terrible company :? Now Intrum keeps sending me debt collection letter for something Telia related in 9-2020 and I don’t even know what’s that for.
Live and learn. Since they're in the processing of collecting a debt, clearly some payments are past due. Again, pay what you owe, it can only get worse if you don't.

mionse

Post by mionse » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:02 pm

I leaned my lesson. They punched their customer really hard.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:07 am

Hi!

Why would you not just return the mobile back and end the lease? Or is there a mandatory buy at the end of the lease?

Kind regards!