What do you suggest?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Yuriko

What do you suggest?

Post by Yuriko » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:33 am

Hello everyone,
I'm an Asian woman and got a job offer of personal assistant for a nice wheelchaired man. Although so far he couldn't find anyone else to do the job, I'm quite pessimistic that TE-office won't issue a work permit for a non-EU foreigner, given that this job does not require any special education or skills. I'm not sure should I even try and take this job? Any experiences with similar situation or what do you suggest?
Thank you very much! 😊

What do you suggest?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: What do you suggest?

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Yuriko wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:33 am
Hello everyone,
I'm an Asian woman and got a job offer of personal assistant for a nice wheelchaired man. Although so far he couldn't find anyone else to do the job, I'm quite pessimistic that TE-office won't issue a work permit for a non-EU foreigner, given that this job does not require any special education or skills. I'm not sure should I even try and take this job? Any experiences with similar situation or what do you suggest?
Thank you very much! 😊
You can get clarity by him asking for an advance ruling.

”The employer may request free advance ruling on the prerequisites for granting a residence permit for an employed person (TTOL). An advance ruling can be requested by submitting the TEM054 form and selecting the section "Application for advance ruling". The TE Office must provide the advance ruling without delay. The TE Office must comply with the advance ruling for the time period stated in the advance ruling if requested by the employer.”

http://www.te-palvelut.fi/te/en/employe ... index.html

newborn

Post by newborn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:55 pm

You can get clarity by him asking for an advance ruling.

Very helpful information. You can also think another way.

By the way, about this "TE-office won't issue a work permit" thing....Migri issues all kinds of residence permits, not the TE-office.

You can take the job without thinking about whether you need to have special skills or not for a work-based residence permit. So far I know, one can take any job in Finland without any kind of special or strong skills such as cleaning/dishwashing. One can apply for a work residence permit based on that job if one has a job contract that fulfils the required criteria such as the minimum gross income of 1,252 €/month along with others.

Previously, students could change their study-based residence permit (B-type) to work-based (A-type) is they could get any job with a contract that allowed them to earn the required minimum income specified by migri. However, last year, I was told by one of my friends that if a person gets a job while s/he is still studying cannot apply for a work-based residence permit until they graduate.

So, you can think of the following things:

If you came to Finland as a student and you graduated already ....get the job with a proper contract that will allow you to get at least 1,252€/month gross salary. In case, you will graduate soon take the job and after you graduate, apply for the A-type (work-based) permit with the job contract.

If you have come to Finland for another purpose other than study (Except as a tourist), get the job with a proper contract that will allow you to get at least 1,252€/month gross salary. Then you can apply for an A-type residence permit of your own.

Good luck.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:25 pm

newborn wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:55 pm
You can take the job without thinking about whether you need to have special skills or not for a work-based residence permit. So far I know, one can take any job in Finland without any kind of special or strong skills such as cleaning/dishwashing. One can apply for a work residence permit based on that job if one has a job contract
One can apply for a residence permit.
Whether the decision from Migri will be positive or negative depends on the ruling from TE Office.
newborn wrote:
that fulfils the required criteria such as the minimum gross income of 1,252 €/month along with others.
1,252 €/month is the minimum for professions without collective agreement.
As an example the lowest minimum salary for non-trainee office cleaners is 1752 €/month, which is 500 € more than the number you cited.
newborn wrote:
By the way, about this "TE-office won't issue a work permit" thing....Migri issues all kinds of residence permits, not the TE-office.
Migri just follows the ruling from TE Office:
Migri wrote: First, an Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office) will assess whether you have sufficient means of support, whether your work will be temporary or continuous, and whether labour force is available within a reasonable time in Finland or within the EU/EEA for the work in question. Secondly, following this, the Finnish Immigration Service makes its decision.
If TE Office determines that there are unemployed people available who could to the job instead, then the decision from Migri will be negative.
newborn wrote:
If you came to Finland as a student and you graduated already ....get the job with a proper contract
People who graduated in Finland are exempt from the TE Office assessment.