No objection letter for dual citizenship

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ssg7

Post by ssg7 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:56 pm

Hi,

When I received my finnish citizenship, I lost my original citizenship from my birth Country (SRI LANKA).

Currently, I am in the process of regaining my Sri Lankan citizenship. The Sri Lankan embassy in Oslo who handles my application requested me to submit a "No Objection Letter From the Finnish Government certified by the Foreign Ministry of Finland". So, I believe that this means a letter from finnish authorities stating that Finland does allow dual citizenship or something along this line.

I checked with the Finnish Foreign Ministry and they said that they don't issue any such document. Do you guys have any idea where I could get this?

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Garry

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: No objection letter for dual citizenship

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:00 am

ssg7 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:56 pm
When I received my finnish citizenship, I lost my original citizenship from my birth Country (SRI LANKA).

Currently, I am in the process of regaining my Sri Lankan citizenship. The Sri Lankan embassy in Oslo who handles my application requested me to submit a "No Objection Letter From the Finnish Government certified by the Foreign Ministry of Finland". So, I believe that this means a letter from finnish authorities stating that Finland does allow dual citizenship or something along this line.

I checked with the Finnish Foreign Ministry and they said that they don't issue any such document. Do you guys have any idea where I could get this?
I would check with the Sri Lankan embassy - you are likely not be the first doing this, and the should know what document exactly they got from other applicants.

ssg7

Post by ssg7 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:09 am

Hi,

Thanks, thats exactly what I did and waiting to hear from them.

In the meantime, I just wanted to know if anyone has similar experience.

Finnish Foreign Ministry advised me to contact Migri and so I wrote to Migri. Hoping to hear from them soon.

Cheers

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi, I got such a letter from Migri via the following

https://migri.fi/en/certificate-requests

Once you get the letter you need to have it and all documents issued by Finnish authorities legalized by the Finnish foreign ministry.
ImageImage