Book your spring holiday to the northern capital

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:26 pm

I just got an email from the airline majority-owned by the Finnish government with the above subject advertising cheap flights to Rovaniemi.
I guess that's what Sanna Marin wants us to do if someone starts with stupid ideas like curfews here in Helsinki. :lol:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

inkku

Re: Book your spring holiday to the northern capital

Post by inkku » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm

Finlandboy, you posted this into a wrong section, tea and sympathy is for venting.
Last time I checked Finland is not a dictatorship, and companies are pretty free to what they as long as they don't break law.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:51 pm

inkku wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm
you posted this into a wrong section
In the current curfew discussions it is quite relevant for everyone living in the capital region that the government through its airline recommends travelling to Lapland if you can.
inkku wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm
and companies are pretty free to what they as long as they don't break law.
Sure, Sanna Marin is pretty free to have the companies her government controls do what she wants as long as they don't break the law.
Like recommending to her citizens/customers to travel to Lapland now.
Another company majority-owned by the Sanna Marin government had the largest new coal plant opening of 2020 - her new coal plant is scheduled to run until at least 2038.

agroot

Post by agroot » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:26 pm
I just got an email from the airline majority-owned by the Finnish government with the above subject advertising cheap flights to Rovaniemi.
I guess that's what Sanna Marin wants us to do if someone starts with stupid ideas like curfews here in Helsinki. :lol:
I too am a member but they never sent me any promo like that! Isn't spring a great time? Nobody's there in spring and rooms are cheap.

Anyway the train tickets have been booked, 12 hours sleeping and eating on train would be fun :D